First DSLR!! D90 + 18-200mm VR vs D7000 + Cheapo Lense

Call me a fanboy all you like.
The op claims he wanted faster burst speeds.
The pentax is faster.
The image quality is better.
Pentax high ISO iq surpasses the D7000. It's faster.
Less shutter lag. Pentax rules the d7000 here.
More dynamic range.
Better color depth.

A hell of a lot better quality. By far.

So, you see, I am not a fanboy just because I told it like it is.
Obviously, you've never compared the two side by side. I have.
It's not even close.

To be honest, both are too close to have a clear winner. You're not investing into just a camera but a system, lenses, flashes, bodies, and accessories. Is it worth it to invest into an entire Pentax system because the K5 is 1fps faster than the D7000? If speed is that important, I'd invest in the Canon system and go with the 7D (cross type focus points and 8fps).

And your posts tend to be hard to read.
Because you always break up your paragraphs.
Line.
By.
Line.
And it feels like I'm watching a horrible anime.
Where they always talk.
Like this.

Seriously why.
Do you always.
Do that.

Who cares about which bodies are better. Bodies are irrelevant, they pass with time. A new body for every manufacture comes out every 1-3 years, each gaining a step up on the last. IQ is a mute point.

Glass is forever......

And your posts tend to be hard to read.
Because you always break up your paragraphs.
Line.
By.
Line.
And it feels like I'm watching a horrible anime.
Where they always talk.
Like this.

Seriously why.
Do you always.
Do that.
I
do
that
on
purpose
just
to
agravate
you

I like lots of Pentax's modes and buttons, and I also like that the camera can almost be controlled one-handedly. But, I just think that the button on the right hand side need to be arranged better. I like them on only one side, but I would prefer if their buttons are a bit further apart.

EDIT: It's kinda stupid that the ISO button in D7000 is on the left side.

Last edited:
I handled both in the photo store. I didn't see the Pentax being better build wise. From samples I've looked at online I don't see a difference between the D7K and K5. As far as specs they are just too close. So, given Nikons much wider better selection of accessories and glass, (and Nikon's CLS is badass as is the new AF on the D7K) I chose the D7K instead of moving to another system. Because, as stated above, you buy into a system, not a body.

Who cares about which bodies are better. .

Me.

So you don't agree that glass is far more important? You wouldn't agree that bodies age at a much faster rate, well at least digital bodies...

I do agree with that.
Pentax makes some fine glass man.
I mean I wasn't trying to start a camera war. Even though, the Pentax k5 body is in fact BETTER.
Yes I did buy into this system.

Last edited:
Well aside for which one being better I placed an order on a 35mm 1.8 came to $196 shipped total spent $1146, that should get me learning more instead of relying on the zoom. Plus it will take sharper pictures, cant wait till the international car show comes to San Diego this January I am gonna have a lot of fun shooting cars :D Should I invest on a spare battery?

Any comments which memory card should I get??

Well aside for which one being better I placed an order on a 35mm 1.8 came to $196 shipped total spent $1146, that should get me learning more instead of relying on the zoom. Plus it will take sharper pictures, cant wait till the international car show comes to San Diego this January I am gonna have a lot of fun shooting cars :D Should I invest on a spare battery?

Spare battery is a must. 1 at least, if possible get two. It's winter and the battery loses power fast.

Oh quit the Pentax VS Nikon debate already, do not even do LightSpeed the favour of responding to his troll post. He's trying to start a flame war, the Pentax K5 is an amazing camera and the Nikon D7000 is an amazing camera. I agree with his comments regarding build quality, but in terms of IQ their is no difference.

Wise choice, enjoy your 35 1.8.

Oh quit the Pentax VS Nikon debate already, do not even do LightSpeed the favour of responding to his troll post. He's trying to start a flame war, the Pentax K5 is an amazing camera and the Nikon D7000 is an amazing camera. I agree with his comments regarding build quality, but in terms of IQ their is no difference.

I resent your accusing me of something that is not close to truth. Nor was it intended to be a " troll post"
You're on ignore from here on.

Get a SDHC memory card, four to six 8GB or two or three 16GB cards for RAW. See which combination is cheaper.

Most reactions

Back