First event with the 20d!

Bokeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tracymilburn.com
Hertz van Rental said:
Good luck

Well, it went very well. I got the exposure down pat I think, the lighting was just a bit tricky because there was a glass wall where the sun was shining in and hitting a big mirror along the wall, causing underexposure sometimes. I didn't have the option of moving, or changing the exposure on the fly, or I would have missed shots, so i tried to shoot out of the sun coming in and was fairly successful.

This was this person's first tournament, and so I figured there wouldn't be many people show up (based on past other tournaments). Boy, was I wrong, I told my wife I'd likely be home by 2-3pm and it lasted until after 6; there was a HUGE tournout. I'm still working on the photos. The guy that put the tournament on is very popular around here and had many "big names" in the area in attendance, some of who have fough on television PPV, and so some of them brought students with them.

This was the first event with the 20d. I shot many months with my 300d before ever getting an "Err-99" I got it twice during this event. Both times, I reloaded the battery and it went away. Odd. I didn't read anything about that in the firmware upgrade description. But considering I shot an even that lasted 8 hours, pretty much non-stop with a couple of restroom breaks, that isn't bad. I went through two batteries.

Unfortunately, BJJ is mostly ground work so many of the shots wouldn't be "exciting" action shots for people who aren't in the know. However I did capture a few exciting takedowns without blur since I was using a fast prime. Those turned out nice. I'll post some soon.

But overall, the thing I have to say about the 20d is...

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

THis camera is SOOooo fast compared to the 300d. I had it on continuous mode which was nice during fast action like takedowns, and it fired very fast and never once stopped for the buffer to deplete.

Good times.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back