First HDR Attempt!

ClarkKent

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have decided to join the ranks of testing out my HDR skills. I have yet to actually capture anything specifically to use for HDR, although I have plans to do so in the near future, but for now I thought I would Experiment. So here is my first attempt. Thanks for looking!

hdr-copy.jpg

huh, it looks like a really old print.

Thanks...I have never done anything with HDR. I thought it would be kinda cool to experiment though.

Oh it's fun, and addicting. When you go out and shoot now, you kind of see everything as a opportunity for an HDR.

I went for a walk in Pikes Market the other day with the soul intention to make HDR's. Haven't had much time to go and edit them, but one that I have done is up in the general gallery right now.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=891947#post891947

I find that bracketing 2 stops apart usually does the trick. When it doesn't I just bracket some ridiculous number like 20 shots in 1/2 stop increments. I also rarely just use the image straight out of Photomatix, It's a great tool, but Adobe has better software for the fine tuning.

I hope to go out this monday and make the effort in seeing things for HDR imaging, so I can play around and see what I can come up with.

It's missing a lot of contrast and therefore dynamic range. It's not an HDR really.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back