first lightning pics

Redwing24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
kinda in a rush to get the horizon down, but lighting was drilling all over the place. I didn't have time to bulb it, so I used 30sec shutter with my tokina 11-16mm on d90. Wish most of the lighting was hitting the ground but seemed to stay up in the clouds. comments welcome

DSC_0750-1.jpg

DSC_0776-1.jpg

I like em both, the 1st looks like that water tower is just getn hammered. So how did you do these other than with a 30sec exposure? just raise the apperature all the way up and was it hell dark or what? any pointers would be great.

these are awesome! capturing lightening is rare :) very cool!!

I got some info on your shots, I hope you dont mind. ; )

First Shot:
11mm
F/6.3
30s
ISO200

Second Shot:
16mm
F/6.3
30s
ISO200

I like them both. The first could use some straightening, second could lose the lights aroung the bottom. Nice captures, though!

Mark

my apt was set at 6.3, my iso was 200, and it was very dark. I just pointed the camera in one direction and shot. But what was my luck lighting was hitting after my shutter hit. The I would move the camera and then I would miss some good ones. There was a couple time I had to head for cover because they where hitting too close for my comfort. But love to take some more.

I got some info on your shots, I hope you dont mind. ; )

First Shot:
11mm
F/6.3
30s
ISO200

Second Shot:
16mm
F/6.3
30s
ISO200

I like them both. The first could use some straightening, second could lose the lights aroung the bottom. Nice captures, though!

Mark
you beat me too it. haha. I was in a hurry to get out and get some pics, so forgot the flashlight to get my tripod level, but it was a small price to pay.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back