First model shoot.

Alyssajns24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flutterbystudios.org
Please tell me how you feel about this photo.

Dsc03083.jpg

Thanks,
Alyssa

Can't see the image. You need to get some space on a free hosting site...A lot of us here use photobucket.com. It's works great IMO.

I dont mind the arm in the first one- nice wide angle effect. It pushed the perspective towards the subject. I find the detail on the railing against the dark sweater to be distracting more than the arm. I end up staring at it instead of her :shock: !!

The second has an over done feel. There is no excitement or flare to it. No offense but it looks like a Guess Jeans ad from the mid 90's.

The third, I like. The colors are very graphic. Her head could be positioned a bit better - it almost looks kind of heavy and she's struggling to keep it up. maybe try it on a greater slope.

The forth is okay. Her position is good. It seems a bit dark though because I loose her shape int eh background and she appears as a head, hands and legs. maybe tweek the colors in PS and see what happens.

Over all pretty good for your first model shoot.

Again this is the look i was going for :) I like the look of only seeing her most prominant features..

I have been doing photography for about 10 years now and have only gotten serious about it in the past 3-4 years..I am venturing out on my own, luckily I am a graphic artist with unlimited web space so that is why I made this website. My wedding photography/portratiure website is

http://www.frozenintimephoto.com

Alyssa

Ok, #1 I agree with the arm thing, it's one of the first things I noticed. Also gonna have to agree that the sweater w/no pants thing just looks unnatural. Second one doesn't do anything for me. The back ground is distracting and the pose isn't flattering. 3rd one, dont' like that pose either...unflattering IMO. And if it were me doing the selective coloring, I'd only do the tie. The eyeshadow looks weird to me...the earings aren't so bad I guess. The last one...I'd like it if it weren't for the sweater/no pants thing. You chose a very pretty subject, and did pretty good for a first model shoot. I have to give you credit for having the courage to do a nude shoot in public. I wouldn't have had the guts! I hope I wasn't too harsh...if I was feel free to tell me so! :)

I guess I am not getting why you guys are saying that the sweater and bikini thing is so weird..it isn't like it is a big bulky winter sweater? I dunno I like the look...

Core_17 that was the color eyeshadow that she had on I just enhanced it...The one you think looks like a guess jeans ad is my favorite form the whole shoot...

It really shocked me when I saw all the negative things people had to say about these photos!?!?! Oh well...I guess I don't take criticism very well..LOL I do agree with her head being posed the wrong way though in a few of them.

PS it was all her idea to get topless...It was cool....

Alyssajns24 said:
Core_17 ...The one you think looks like a guess jeans ad is my favorite form the whole shoot...

I said that, and I didn't mean anything bad by it other my first reaction which was simple that. I don't think these things we are saying are negative. I'm not speaking for the rest of us but I'm here to learn ...sometimes that can be painful especially when you have poured your heart into it. You post these things to have others look at them for suggestions right? We did that. Sorry if it hurt your feelings. I personally like the work but I'm no pro either. :D I'm happy to see more modeling/glamour photography on this board, there is VERY little of it and it's something we all need to master. PLEASE SEND MORE. Our bark is MUCH worse than our bite.

Yeah, what mygrain said! :) Don't take what we say as negative. I can't believe how much I've learned from this forum.

Most reactions

Back