First Osprey-gasm with the big ugly white lens

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally the moment I have been waiting for. The true test of my switch to Canon and lugging around an 11.5# combo and shooting handheld. For the Canonites, I used case 4 with 15 point zone. Some of these Osprey were really close. Thanks for looking and comments welcome.

I have a set from today if you want to see more, had a hard time choosing which ones to post... Osprey-Gasm 7 6 Flickr - Photo Sharing

Osprey 7_6 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 7_6 7 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 7_6 8 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 7_6 12 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Osprey 7_6 10 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Amazing ! #1 is outstanding in an elite group. I also like the expression on the wet one.

Excellent, as always.

Outstanding and thanks for the info on case setting

Kris,

WOW. You give me insperation to keep learning and trying new things with my camera. Your body of work is outstanding and i can only hope to one day be able to produce images of this level of quality. Thanks for sharing

big ugly white lens can produce some beautiful BIF pics

If that lens is just way too big and white, you might think about some camouflage for it.

Kris great sequence - so the conversion from the dark-side wasn't too painful. :biggrin-93:

I think I like #2 the best. One could almost caption it - "Oh no, now what?" Number 4 with the flying fish is a close second.

WesternGuy

Great set, #4 especially

Outstanding thread Kris, but I'll have to say that you seemed to be getting a lot more details out of your previous gears. Is it because the light was poor, or am I seeing things?

Nice pics as always! When I was watching them during my recent vacation, I thought it was cool how they shake the water off, like a dog! Have you captured this action before?

Kris,
WOW. You give me insperation to keep learning and trying new things with my camera. Your body of work is outstanding and i can only hope to one day be able to produce images of this level of quality. Thanks for sharing
big ugly white lens can produce some beautiful BIF pics
Kris great sequence - so the conversion from the dark-side wasn't too painful. :biggrin-93:
I think I like #2 the best. One could almost caption it - "Oh no, now what?" Number 4 with the flying fish is a close second.
WesternGuy
Great set, #4 especially
Thank you all!
Outstanding thread Kris, but I'll have to say that you seemed to be getting a lot more details out of your previous gears. Is it because the light was poor, or am I seeing things?
Well, I don't know, I think it is pretty sharp and renders images really nicely. Here are 100% crops I think they hold up pretty well for wet ospreys moving...
Dropbox - LT9A9378-100.jpg
Dropbox - LT9A9418-100.jpg
If that lens is just way too big and white, you might think about some camouflage for it.
LOL, I have a lenscoat that lives on it. Can't even imagine shooting without the camo... :)
Nice pics as always! When I was watching them during my recent vacation, I thought it was cool how they shake the water off, like a dog! Have you captured this action before?
You mean like this? :)
Osprey 7_6 11 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr
Osprey 7_6 22 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

LOL dat byrd!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back