"First" outside shoot, CC, please

The next ones are better but you still have harsh unflattering light need that flash or reflector :)

Copy all on the reflector. I saw that one of those laminated white boards may help? Seems like the cheapest trick. And, hey- I'm not going to lie---with this time change I don't even know when sunset is any more. The pics were taken around 5 PM, which I thought was close to our golden hour. Luckily we have almanacs online for next time.
The hand trick is a great idea! I will have a good look tomorrow. I have a few other shots like #2- what kinks do you see, besides tree lighting and a MTN Dew bottle?

I didn't see the mountain dew bottle. I was just talking about overall lighting in general. The second shot works for me, but the rest of the set is way too harsh.

Time change... sunset.... sunrise.... etc! You have a computer.... look up the times, they are readily available. If you have a android or a Iphone... there are apps that will tell you sun rise / set and moon rise / set!

These are better! But the light is harsh (as mentioned!)

These are fairly inexpensive... Amazon.com: Fotodiox 40x60" 5-in-1 Oval Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc, Soft Silver/Gold/Black/White/Diffuser: Camera & Photo ( there are cheaper ones.. but this one is LARGE!)

It has a diffuser in it... you can create your own soft shade with it, perfect for shots like these. Just get someone to hold the diffuser between the sun and your model! You could still use the white / silver / gold reflector add fill too. FUN!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back