First Photo C&C

Darkhunter139

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the first picture I took with my Nikon D40. I really dont know what I am doing yet just wanted to see what you guys thought of my first few pics.

Dont hold back I can take it :lol:

Thanks in advance

f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/250 sec
ISO - 800

4161636651_b1e98a324e.jpg

f/5.6
exposure time 1/400 sec
ISO - 400

I was messing around with this one in photoshop but lost the original photo due to my memory card breaking, so this is all I have left.

4163407239_91e0a2d4a4.jpg

Last edited:
I would have liked #1 better without the shed, the trees in background are quite nice with the snow. #2 needs a little more exposure, and a little more in the background, otherwise nice start.

Neither do anything for me. I think the second would benefit from a bit less dead space over there on the left. Go in a little closer and it should enhance the shot. GL
Tj

Neither do anything for me. I think the second would benefit from a bit less dead space over there on the left. Go in a little closer and it should enhance the shot. GL
Tj
I like number 2, not a HUGE fan of selective colors, but still, not bad, as for number 1, i dont like it TBH

I could have done more with number 2 if I still had the original pic.

Thanks for the comments guys, and I agree the shed ruins number 1

I like number 1. Yeah not the best compostion and most interesting subject but the exposure looks good. Keep at it

Where are you located at w/ all of that crazy snow? We don't get much of that down here in florida :lol:
TJ

I like number 1. Yeah not the best compostion and most interesting subject but the exposure looks good. Keep at it

I actually opened up my window and shot it of there so I really did not have much room to work. I did not want to bring my camera outside while it was snowing :)

Where are you located at w/ all of that crazy snow? We don't get much of that down here in florida :lol:
TJ

I live in South East PA about an hour outside of Philadelphia we only got about 2 inches but it was snowing pretty good for a while there haha.

Last edited:
#2 would work better cropped to portrait orientation.

I like the first shot better than the second. Under the conditions, you had gotten pretty good clarity. Feels like you should the shed filling less of the frame (by shooting a wider angle or backing up). It does have the desired effect of making me react... I shivered!! (Partly because it's so cold here and that seeing snow sub-consciously brings that out)

#2 would work better cropped to portrait orientation.

Agree. When the background is that blurry, use less of it. Maybe play around with it a little for more colour saturation to bring out the red. Maybe a bit more contrast too or otherwise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back