First photographs uploaded, could do with constructive criticism.

Boaly100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys! I am a fairly new photographer although I have had my Nikon D5200 for a while. I have been observer for to long and need to improve my skills so this is the start. All feedback will be much appreciated, thanks in Advance.

Marble River, BC

San Joesf Bay, BC1

San Joesf Bay, BC2

San Josef Bay, BC3

Great Ayton, UK1

Great Ayton, UK2

Great Ayton, UK3

All nice scenes; 'Marble River' looks like it might be a tad too saturated and contrasty, but is nicely composed and well exposed. 'San Joesf 1' is a neat idea but loses, IMO, because of the blown sky. These shots are best done with pure blue sky, early in the morning. 'San Josef Bay 3' is another nice shot. I like the clouds and the overall feel, but I think a 2-3 image HDR to pull some detail out of the dark shadows image right might have helped. All three UK scenes are nice, but could benefit from some careful, selective exposure work to brighten them up a little.

Where 'bouts in BC are you?

Welcome! This is too many for an in-depth critique.

It would be better if you post only one per thread, please.

All nice scenes; 'Marble River' looks like it might be a tad too saturated and contrasty, but is nicely composed and well exposed. 'San Joesf 1' is a neat idea but loses, IMO, because of the blown sky. These shots are best done with pure blue sky, early in the morning. 'San Josef Bay 3' is another nice shot. I like the clouds and the overall feel, but I think a 2-3 image HDR to pull some detail out of the dark shadows image right might have helped. All three UK scenes are nice, but could benefit from some careful, selective exposure work to brighten them up a little.

Where 'bouts in BC are you?
Thank you for the feedback I live in Port McNeill, North Vancouver Island

Hi guy, as it was first post I was not sure where the best place to upload the photos was on the forum. I will post here in the future.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back