First post on forum.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by moovinfast, Aug 6, 2008.

1. moovinfast

moovinfast TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Lets see how I did. C&C welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. icassell

icassell TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice. I like your B/W, but don't think you should have cut off the top of his head. Where did you do your jellyfish? I got a bunch at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.

3. rmh159

rmh159 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah the B&W looks good and really shows some good texture in his face but the background and cut off head kill the shot for me.

#2 looks really good with vivid colors and a shallow depth of field.

#3 looks a bit misaligned with the jelly fish being towards the top of the image. Also this might just be my preference but the upside-down part bothers me a bit. I know these things aren't always floating around right-side-up but it just seems a bit off. Similar to the feeling you get when you see a pic of a building that's slanted. Again, might just be own preference on that but still worth a mention.

The water life shots look good though... could you talk about where you took them and what type of settings you used?

4. moovinfast

moovinfast TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The sea life was taken at the Monterrey Bay Aquarium. I just got back from there. I agree I shouldn't have cropped off the top of his head, but thats how I snapped the pic when I saw what I wanted. I have others where its not cut off, but I don't like them. For #2 and #3 I used my 50mm lens and kept it at f2. Kept ISO at 200 and #3 was at 1/125th and #2 was at 1/90th.