First TPF video post?!

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I finally got up the nerve to do it! I sat down and recorded a VIDEO post! The file is about 3mb in size and you need Windows Media Player (or anything with the .wmv codec installed) to view it. Please don't be too hard on me I'm usually way too shy for this sort of thing but I figure there are many people here that feel the same way so I thought I'd post it and see if anyone else want's to join in the fun :blushing:

Click here for video post!

If you want to post? How about this for an ice breaker . . .

Your real name . . .
Where you live . . .
What you like the most about TPF . . .
Misc Ramblings!!!
The most beautiful place or thing you've seen in your lifetime . . .
Why you think Canon Fan is a hot stud :eyebrows: . . .
Suggestions for future video post topics . . .
Tips on where to host video clips . . .
Tips on anything!!!! . . .
Anything photo or non-photo related!!!!

Please mind your language and attire as there may be wee-ones watching! Or govt agencies in black helicopters :playball:

Seriously, lets see the person behind the typeface on the screen!!! Don't let me be the only brave sole to do this!!! :oops:

p.s.- If you need a better ice breaker PM me for an interview. If you need some web space to host I will do what I can to help you out!!!

thats awesome dude!!!!

ill definately do that once i get back from JT!!!!!

i command others to post!!!!

md

Sweet :D Can't wait to see it MD!

I did realize right before I went "on cam" that my timing might be a little off since JT is going on like RIGHT NOW! I forgot that was now, oh well, see some of the shy-er posters should get in on this now! No one will be around to see you! At least for awhile . . .

C'mon people let's get this party started!

ps- for those who have seen the vid can you tell I am more comfortable behind a keyboard rather than a camera?! :oops:

That was really cool! You're so brave to be the first! :hail: It's great to be able to put a face to the name AND a voice now.

I got a fright when I heard the American accent though. I'm so used to reading everyones posts in my head and 'hearing' it in an Aussie (my) accent and forgetting how international the net really is!

I would do this but I don't have a video camera. :-(

You know it really is strange isn't it? I always thought "The South" in America had such a wonderful accent, and the brits, and the aussie's, and then one time someone from Alabama said they loved MY accent! I thought us in the north-midwest of the US were the plainest-most boring spoken people on the face of the planet! Ah yes to be reminded of the true "World Culture" we are a small part of here on TPF!

Glad you liked it :wink:

Let's see some more!!! :smileys:

awesome and my hats off to ya for being the first! i've got the camera, equipment, webhosting...i just seem to lack the nerve :blushing: ARGH!!!!! cant wait to see the others though!

JonMikal said:
i just seem to lack the nerve :blushing: ARGH!!!!!!

Ah my dear friend, Whiskey is the source and solution to all of life's problems! :wink:

This is the closest thing I have to a video post, but it's about 3 years old and it's a music video for a Tool song. LOL
You'll need Winamp or Windows Media Player for this one.
Enjoy. ;-)

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I never did finish it, so there's a 17-sec gap in the middle of it. SORRY!!!

OH MY GOD Kent, this should at the VERY LEAST be in the creative section of this site if not a couple of video producing house companies e-mail boxes! I have said before that I dabbled in video editing and production but NOTHING that I feel is on that level (and I tend to be kind of arrogant in that realm :oops: )

I have never seen the "Stinkfist" video but from what I have seen from Tool that fits perfectly :shock: Holy Crap, finish it and get a job in video production, RIGHT NOW! Wow that is good.

Damn, I definately won't be posting any of my CRAP vid's here :drool:

Judging by the plugin's I'd guess VegasVideo (v.#)?

LOL That's what 3 weeks of having no job will get you. I can't finish it anyway, my video cameras are bunk now. Not only that, I don't have access to the girl in the video, so I'd have to remake it.

Thanks for the comments though. It's just too bad there's no market for something like that here in Missouri. I've tried so hard to get the attention of someone, but to no avail. Plus, I think photography's more fun. ;-)

And you shouldn't stop posting those video posts. That's a good idea. If I had a working camcorder, I would do it too. But that would also mean you guys would have to see how much of a slob I live like!

[edit] posted before Kent's reply . . . .

Oh BTW Kent, for those 18sec just smash stuff! Lot's of glass (or water droplets or both) at full speed slowed down for the impact and it'll be fulfilled completely IMO! :hail: :hail: :hail:

PS- If you want to smash old computers I am your one stop shop ;)

[/edit]

Well it still kick azz! If you're ever up in WI we have a couple of DVX-100's at our disposal and full lighting gear as well as studio mixing equip and would love to have talent like yours on-board ;)

We do way more boring stuff though :cry:

Canon Fan said:
[edit]Oh BTW Kent, for those 18sec just smash stuff! Lot's of glass (or water droplets or both) at full speed slowed down for the impact and it'll be fulfilled completely IMO!

It's funny you mention that because that's originally what I had in mind. I was actually planning on smashing some of the things that were on the coffee table, like the glass ashtray, candleholders and what not. What I WAS going to do was set up the camera sideways to record things being dropped onto a cinderblock covered in white and in front of a white background, then superimpose those glass items onto shots of the walls and so forth to make it appear as if these items were thrown against the wall. The biggest problem is that I don't have access to that girl or that apartment anymore. Nor do have access to working camcorders. :(

Meysha said:
I got a fright when I heard the American accent though. I'm so used to reading everyones posts in my head and 'hearing' it in an Aussie (my) accent and forgetting how international the net really is!

I just had the same thing happen, i'm forgetting that a lot of the members here have accents while i've been reading posts with an aussie 'drawl' to them. :lol:

But then again i've been reading some of LaFoto's posts with a comic German accent. ;)

Kudos to Canon Fan for setting the benchmark! :D
Well done mate!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back