first try on b/w conversion, please comment

Daniel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks for looking!

_MG_0013-01.jpg

I really like this shot. It's very crisp and the contrast it just great. The sky is a bit bland but it has a nice tone that does not distract from the image at all. This is probably a nice shot in color as well, but I get the feeling that all the greenery would overpower the castle...while in b&w, the structure is clearly the strongest focal point.

I would like to see it without the people but that's only a small complaint for an otherwise fantastic photo.

Thanks for sharing.

Great stuff Daniel! I like the exposure and the conversion.

I hope you would post more!

I agree with Big Mike, if you photoshop out the people you will have an even more spectacular photo.

Very nice. What process did you use to convert it? I've heard that when you use the channel mixer all the sliders should equal 100, although that is rarely the case for me.
--A

Allen said:
Very nice. What process did you use to convert it? I've heard that when you use the channel mixer all the sliders should equal 100, although that is rarely the case for me.
--A

Credits for the conversion go to JonMikal.

JonMikal said:
i created a hue and sat layer but made no adjustments. i then created another hue and sat layer changing the blending mode to color and adjusting sat to -100. i then returned to the first hue and sat layer and adjusted the hue to +27. thats it. ... in addition to the +27 hue, i added +73 to the sat which pushed the bright areas.

Thanks for all the nice comments. :) I wish there wouldn't have been so many people around that day, but you can't have it all. I see if I can go back another day or I might try abd PS them out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back