First Wedding C&C please!

page_tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from a wedding shoot in Canada. Here are a few of my favorites. Feel free to give your 2 cents on them!
CarlWedBlog3.jpg

CarlWed2.jpg

CarlWedBlog1.jpg

i know the old man likes to work outside with his hat on. Does not mean his picture has to be like that though :). I think you can flatten the skin a little if you have the program to do that.

You were 2nd shooter? They seem to be looking in another direction, that's why I ask.

Yeah I should have mentioned that I guess. It was my best friends wedding, I brought my camera along to get some extra pictures for the family. I was also using a 70-200 mm lens so I wouldn't get in the way of the hired photog.

Yeah I should have mentioned that I guess. It was my best friends wedding, I brought my camera along to get some extra pictures for the family. I was also using a 70-200 mm lens so I wouldn't get in the way of the hired photog.

Apparently, that didn't happen. Some were looking at you and some were looking at the main photog. It's hard to give C&C when you were the 2nd photog...can't really comments on posing...or composition. Lighting wise, they aren't bad.

Btw, already, I don't like the primary photog. work in the pics that you have shared.

1) good shot
2) top right corner is that a branch or something? seems distracting...
3) green in background i find to be taking my eye off the subjects

1) good shot
2) top right corner is that a branch or something? seems distracting...
3) green in background i find to be taking my eye off the subjects

where's that green?

Sorry but i think you messed up because by shooting the same shots as the main photographer they didn't know who to look at, you should have been shooting some candid shots or helping arrange the shots, the hands in pockets looks awful, very scuffy

Thanks everyone for the comments, I'm still learning alot about this photography stuff. I really did get some good candid shots of everyone interacting at the wedding, I only posted these pictures on my blog and therefore could only use these as examples. I guess my end goal with using these pictures is seeing if I would be comfortable shooting a wedding as the main photog if occasion were to arise one day. I've only had a camera for about 6 months now and know I have a lot to learn.

Sorry but i think you messed up because by shooting the same shots as the main photographer they didn't know who to look at, you should have been shooting some candid shots or helping arrange the shots, the hands in pockets looks awful, very scuffy

I 100% fully agree

Oh, and where did the black kid come from? :greenpbl:

So you weren't a paid primary or second shooter, just a guest with a 70-200 mm and a camera. That's quite a bit different than a wedding shoot, where you are the one responsible and under contract.

I bet the hired shooter was tickeled to death you were shooting their set-ups and maybe even distracting the wedding party during the formals.

Wedding photographers post rants about wedding guests doing what it looks like you were doing. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back