Fishing Sparrows

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In Amsterdam zoo i was watching the lions and then i noticed some sparrows. Between the people and the lions there is some water and on that water there were some (well alot of) waterplants. The sparrows knew there were loads of bugs to eat in those and so they were fishing for bugs. Pretty cool to see, they were just hovering above the water/plants and would grab the bugs that were on the surface. Anyways, here are some pics:
Artis363.jpg

Artis364.jpg

Artis365.jpg

Artis366.jpg

Artis367.jpg

Artis368.jpg

Artis369.jpg

Thanks for looking
Greetz Daan

Nice captures. I especially liked #2 and #6 :thumbup:

Also nice to see you shooting something bigger than a bug :lol:

Those rock!

I love 3 and 4... Awesome textures in #4 !!!

Thanks for posting these man!

Daan,

At first I thought #1 and #3 were it. Then I saw #6!!!!! Off the hook!!! These are all so awesome! Excellent captures!

-Jim :)

Theese are great, nice to see action shots of an underated bird !!

Dean

very very nice, I miss seeing little Sparrows :(

Great shots love the movement captured in the wings! :)

thanks y'all
i dont see them too often neither. Its a shame, cause they are nice little birds. They used to be everywhere when i was younger, but they lost alot of places to build their nests. So everbody was looking/taking pics of the lions and there i was looking down and shoot the little birds...was pretty funny :)

nice job - i am usually fumbling to get my camera ready and miss any shots like that - either that or i'm just still sleeping

Didnt really have to be fast with these, since the group was coming back every few minutes. So i would just watch the lions and the people walking around and wait till they would return. And since they were hovering above the plants i had enough time to focus to (well the camera had enough time)
And thanks for the reply :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back