Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
chapel_window.jpg

It looks really gray to me, but other than that it's good.

The whites look light gray, and not white.. Here's a quick edit I did, I did it kinda quick so it's sloppy and whites are kind of over-done but an example..

Window.jpg

I like it but I'm not so sure that I like the reflection. I actually think that I like the window itself just on its' own with the wall. Of course this is my personal taste. What were you after?

The whites look light gray, and not white..

Ok get what you mean now - The motar wasnt actually white it was more a greyish sandstone colour which i gather why its coming out more grey when converted to B&W, The flowers also werent actually white also but a pale sorta mauve colour at the bottom and the ones reflected were pink. Actually there's hardly any pure white in the original pic.

I like it but I'm not so sure that I like the reflection. I actually think that I like the window itself just on its' own with the wall. Of course this is my personal taste. What were you after?

I liked more the window and wall myself but I thought the relections were nice also (didnt overly notice them too much when I took the pic actually),

Ok get what you mean now - The motar wasnt actually white it was more a greyish sandstone colour which i gather why its coming out more grey when converted to B&W, The flowers also werent actually white also but a pale sorta mauve colour at the bottom and the ones reflected were pink. Actually there's hardly any pure white in the original pic.

Well, what program are you using to convert it to B&W?

Also, having shot a lot of B&W (Film) Colors like pink tend to come out very close to white, and a "proper" B&W photograph has some pure white and some pure blacks. (both with detail)

If you're using Photoshop, I'd recommend taking the original, applying a red filter Desaturating then adjusting in curves to get your pure white/blacks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back