FNG here with pics to share

mikeinsc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings everyone :peacesign:

I'm relatively new to photography. Learning terms and how to use a real camera finally. About 2 months ago I finally took the plunge and bought a Rebel XSi. Before that, I had been using my point n shoot Lumix DMC - FZ7.

I've only been on here for a few days and am already liking it. There seems to be a good amount of members and activity as well.

Plese allow me to share some pictures with everyone and please add some c&c. Technically, I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to taking pics. I always try to get the pic looking it's best before I ever leave a locaton because I don't know how to do touchups later. None of these pics have been retouched with photshop so please keep that in mind.

Thank you. I look forward to all constructive crticism.

P1060940.jpg

P1010270.jpg

P1010304.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSCF1027.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_18171.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_13921.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

P1070357-2.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

:lol: First FNG, unless they served in the military, I'd bet a lot of members wouldn't know what it (FNG) means. Most of those shots are pretty darn good for a "beginner", sure you aren't sandbagging a little?

Only one that I thought was a goof was the railroad tracks. That "vanishing three point perspective" would have been great without the truck sticking out in the middle of it.

I think you'll like it here. 99.9% of the people here that I've "met", are pretty cool. Lot's of Pro's and Experts, and very advanced individuals here, that are more than willing to help with just about everything you might want to know.

Welcome,

J.:lol:

What in the hell is on that purple flower?

Great photos by the way

Your seventh photo from your first set you posted made me gasp! Very lovely... Great capture there!

And the train tracks going into the fog, very eerie. I like the mood you set, very nice.

Visual overload. Try posting just a few shots if you want meaningful C&C. Some good shots in there.

Visual overload. Try posting just a few shots if you want meaningful C&C. Some good shots in there.
Yep, for some people, it doesn't seem to phase, but I've seen this same comment several times. Think it applies to me also, try 3 or 4 at a time.
Stilll some great stuff in there.

J.:thumbup:

:lol: First FNG, unless they served in the military, I'd bet a lot of members wouldn't know what it (FNG) means.

That's exactly what I thought! :lmao: Been a while since I heard that term.

I like the capture of the bird taking off out of the water...composition is not great, but it's a good capture.

What in the hell is on that purple flower?

Great photos by the way

That is a Goldenrod Spider. They come in other flavors as well such as green and white with purple. I didn't realize it at the time but while I was taking that shot, there were two green ones directly under my thumb. I was pulling some of the flower back to get a clear shot and the green spiders had noses, I could have picked their boogers.

Thanks for the comments and critiques. I need to work on anticipating the movements of the birds. I almost always seem to be just a split second off more often than not. And to not post so many pics at once.

And yes, this FNG is prior Air Force. I've been out almost two years after serving for ten. Now, I am back in school again to study media design and photography. I will mostly focus on photography as I seem to have more of a passion for it and truly have fun with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back