Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Last edited:
b4ef382a-0b40-44d7-9c15-b31f31f56af0_zpsgmjvfyr2.jpg

Here's one from yesterday. I'd appreciate any comments

Last edited:
I like your black and whites. This one leans left a bit but the tonal range is great.

Thanks Rick!
You're right about the tilt. Not sure how I missed that

I like it, wish the tree wasnt there in front of the pretty church but nice shot!

Forks%20Of%20The%20Brandywine%20Church%20Glenmore%20Pa%20b_zpsrdy89daw.jpg

Thanks folks. I decide to have another run at this one. Plumbed it up (Thanks Rick) and cleaned up the over processed sky.
Note to self: Wait until you're in the proper frame of mind for processing. There was a lot of stuff going on the day I ran the first one through and I should have waited.

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I decide to have another run at this one. Plumbed it up (Thanks Rick) and cleaned up the over processed sky.
Note to self: Wait until you're in the proper fame of mind for processing. There was a lot of stuff going on the day I ran the first one through and I should have waited.

I like it, especially the 4 x 5 aspect, but I think you've gone slightly too far clockwise.
mod-1.jpg

Thanks Tim. I like the 4x5 ratio more also. Probably from years of contact printing my Graphic and Busch neg's as a kid before I could afford an enlarger.
Anyway, your thought on leveling?... I picked the most prominent vertical, the chimney. Using the cropping guides, I think I'm pretty darn close
chimney%20plumbed_zpssrwhjyqc.jpg

I'm thinking Rick got it right the second time. Has a bit of pop to it!

Thanks Tim. I like the 4x5 ratio more also. Probably from years of contact printing my Graphic and Busch neg's as a kid before I could afford an enlarger.
Anyway, your thought on leveling?... I picked the most prominent vertical, the chimney. Using the cropping guides, I think I'm pretty darn close

There's a slight convergence so I used the most prominent vertical that can be referenced against the border, the spire.

Note to self: Wait until you're in the proper fame of mind for processing. There was a lot of stuff going on the day I ran the first one through and I should have waited.

:clap:

First, this is just for fun, and not a p'ssing contest, so, with that said, I'll see your spire, and raise you another true vertical :biglaugh:
Vertical_again_zpsj2jbaopz.jpg

I usually select a vertical near the middle of the frame to minimize any effect of lens distortion. The spire is a longer line, but since it's near the edge and partially obscured by the tree, it is less important to be perfectly plumb. I would have keyed off the chimney myself.

First, this is just for fun, and not a p'ssing contest, so, with that said, I'll see your spire, and raise you another true vertical :biglaugh:
Vertical_again_zpsj2jbaopz.jpg

2-1 to you, but I'm just checking the headstones...

Well, you might have me there...:trink39:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back