Found tick on me

JayJay65

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was taking pictures in the woods, and without knowing, i crossed alot of branchy area, my friend got 5 ticks on him, i found 4 on me.. one was somewhat big (compared to most ticks) black, with a red dot on its back.. what kind of tick is this??

I tucked my pajama pants under my socks, so they were only on my pajama pants.. bad thing is my pj's were blue (dark) and black striped so i was FREAKD OUT (my mom has lyme disease).. my friend had tons crawling on him, i glanced at his pants after i picked up my head after checking my legs and i saw 5 crawling on him.. I just would really like to know the type of tick it was.. I also saw a little black tick which supposably causes lyme disease

If you got the ticks off in a timely fashion and they werent actually digging into your skin, you're fine. They take a surprisingly long time to dig into your skin and actually cause any harm. If you're going into the woods ever, know what your body looks like (moles, freckles, etc.) and be sure to do a thorough check of yourself!

As for tick species, the really tiny ones are usually deer ticks, at least in my area. They also have red spots, I believe.

I tucked my pajama pants under my socks, so they were only on my pajama pants.. bad thing is my pj's were blue (dark) and black striped so i was FREAKD OUT (my mom has lyme disease).. my friend had tons crawling on him, i glanced at his pants after i picked up my head after checking my legs and i saw 5 crawling on him.. I just would really like to know the type of tick it was.. I also saw a little black tick which supposably causes lyme disease

Did you get a ticking off when you got home?

be careful when removing ticks. They burrow their heads under the skin, and their heads can be pulled off if you just yank them out, leading to a dangerous infection. Use a lit cigarrette or something similar - the heat will make them drop off all by themselves. A naked flame next to them will also work, but be careful to avoid burning.

I get these on me at work all the time. I think our warm fall had something to do with a little bit of a resurgence in the population. I have been spraying my boots and pant legs with repellent all fall and didn't get any on me this season.

Chances are you had a deer tick. They look different during the various stages of development. I think the tick has to bite for several hours before there is any chance of Lyme disease.

Obviously the people that were joking on here don't know how scary and serious a tick bite can be. You are lucky you can laugh about it.

I am not sure about using a cigarette but do be careful when removing the ones that are biting. I had one in a very sensitive area of the chest that didn't come out when I removed it. I had to go to the doctor's to get the head removed.

Tick bite should be take seriously. I've seen a dog just forgotten by owner, the ticks all over his body and turn to be so itchy. Good thing someone with good heart take care of him and he's fine now with shiny coat.

Most reactions

Back