Friday

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
snaped a few on Friday and didn't have time to edit them.. here we go!

DSC_6069e0787websize.jpg

DSC_61270790websize.jpg

DSC_61570819websize.jpg

DSC_61740794websize.jpg

DSC_61820796websize.jpg

DSC_61840797websize.jpg

DSC_61860798websize.jpg

DSC_61880800websize.jpg

DSC_62160802websize.jpg

DSC_6074e0788websize.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Hey, that looks like a Hairy woodpecker. Don't have one of those, just Downys. Don't know what the duck is, never seen one that looks like that.

Great work and I was the Falls Pond was closer.

Eric

Really impressed with how sharp every duck in #3 is!

And that guy in #6 just looks kinda stupified from the ice :)

Is there a difference between woodpecker and woodpecker?
Hairy one? Downy one?
What kind of woodpecker did I see from afar then (remember my pic at http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40344?)?

That one beautiful duck (Photo 5) among all the mallards who seem to stare and wonder who she is and why she is there ... you could write a fairy tale about that one, and how she got frustrated with being so different, so she walked off and eventually even flew off to new grounds where she'd be more accepted :sniff: - awww, I am all touched by these photos and my own imagination :cry:

;)

Raymond J Barlow said:
thanks Airic, ya, it is a Hairy, and the duck is a Pintail. That is one big Gull too.. I didn't know there was such a think as a Black Back Gull.

Ray, you may have different gulls over there, but here we have the Lesser Black-backed gull and the Great Black-backed gull. My coastal ecology tutor used to call them Great Black-backed bastards (which as a teenager I thought was hilarious :lmao: ) because they were so vicious, and I remember them being enormous, monstrous birds. They are not as common as the Lesser BB gull though.

More great pictures anyway - I like #1, 2 and 3 - man, that's a lot of ducks! :)

Great series again raymond, really like 1,4 and 10 as individual shots, but my fav here has to be 3 i think. Just amazing amount of ducks, i'v spent ages looking at all the different positions they're in. Nice one :thumbup:

1, 2 and 3 are my favorites, although as I was scrolling down I was thinking "and that one, and that one....". They are all great. The thing I love about number three is the pops of color from the feet and heads.

Thanks everyone! always fun hanging around a duck pond.

Aoide said:
1, 2 and 3 are my favorites, although as I was scrolling down I was thinking "and that one, and that one....". They are all great. The thing I love about number three is the pops of color from the feet and heads.

Thanks Aoide.. In 3 I think the shadows are cool, and the one lone duck sitting on the ice, what is she thinking ???

Excellent images Ray. I know as soon as I open one of your threads, I already know I am going to write that. :D
Number 5 reminds me a lot of Scarborough. The poor guy looks like he is about to be swarmed.:lmao:

Most reactions

Back