Frozen Lighthouse

zutty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out in -25 to catch this sunset

D610 #2 Ft. Williams #2-24-70-Winter HD1b.jpg

horizon doesn't look straight. Looks a little bright for a sunset too. over processed/high iso.

still pretty decent.

As bribrius says, the horizon is not straight - tilted a bit to the right. Is this, by any chance, an HDR image? Just curious.

WesternGuy

As bribrius says, the horizon is not straight - tilted a bit to the right. Is this, by any chance, an HDR image? Just curious.

WesternGuy
some faint halos around the light house and keeper house as well if you look closer. I still think it is a "decent" image. And nothing against the original poster but for the amount of stuff they have in their sig line for equipment i kind of expect a little higher quality image.

i totally get freezing shooting this thing though. I have a few shots of the same light house. I give them some credit for even doing it.

Another version
D610 #2 Ft. Williams #2-24-70-Winter HD2aStrght.jpg

WesternGuy
some faint halos around the light house and keeper house as well if you look closer. I still think it is a "decent" image. And nothing against the original poster but for the amount of stuff they have in their sig line for equipment i kind of expect a little higher quality image.

i totally get freezing shooting this thing though. I have a few shots of the same light house. I give them some credit for even doing it.
As a beginner, a former professional musician who had to retire due to major health issues, I turned to photography as a creative outlet a few months ago, may I ask how you would put my impressive list of photographic tools to better use? I shoot in RAW, then transfer to the Mac with Nikon Transfer to Lightroom and then edit down to JPG in order to post online. Is there a better method? And what is the best way to edit down to the highest quality for printing through an online service? Thanks! I'm trying my best to learn.

Last edited:

WesternGuy

As a beginner, a former professional musician who had to retire due to major health issues, I turned to photography as a creative outlet a few months ago, may I ask how you would put my impressive list of photographic tools to better use? I shoot in RAW, then transfer to the Mac with Nikon Transfer to Lightroom and then edit down to JPG in order to post online. Is there a better method? And what is the best way to edit down to the highest quality for printing through an online service? Thanks! I'm trying my best to learn.

No that's how to do it but I think what they are saying is the image seems over processed. What that means is that the original photo was processed so far from what it look like in camera that there are issues now. The haloing they speak of is a sign that the image has been processed past the point of what it can handle and now there are slight issues that usually happen only on HDR or over processed photos. It's a nice photo but try and drop it a half stop. Was the RAW file much darker? There is a dust spot in the left hand corner that you might as well take out. I would show you and process it but you list your photos as not OK to edit.

Haloing could be from selective editing, doing a levels layer and adjusting that, then not masking parts of the photo back in. Could be HDR. Either way, the halos are there and it's distracting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back