Fujifilm being evil?

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by fatsheep, Jan 6, 2008.

1. fatsheep

fatsheep TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am very satisfied with my camera (sig) but there is something fishy about it. In the manual it says you can ONLY use Fujifilm's AC-5VX AC Adapter. I looked online and it's $40 without shipping!

The second thing I noticed was that when I upload photos to my PC, the LCD is locked on a full WHITE display. I tried turning on the EVF to save power (since I figure a smaller screen uses less power than a big one) but it won't let you. Is this a purposeful attempt to drain batteries to get you to buy their overpriced AC adapter? :meh:

2. Happy Hour

Happy Hour TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  3. fatsheep

fatsheep TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow, I wonder how many people have actually bought that from them. They are selling the camera's AC adapter for over half the camera's price (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/492490-REG/Fujifilm_15747988_FinePix_S700_Digital_Camera.html).

Well I refuse to pay high prices for a glorified power cord that comes with lots of other simple electronic gadgets. My router is powered by an AC adapter and it cost $40. You could probably get it now for less...

Do all cameras turn on their LCDs to waste power when they are uploading pictures or is it just this one?

4. Brian L

Brian L TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have the same camrea as you do. I to get the bright white screen when transfering pictures to the pc. However I usally just pull out the sd card and put it in my laptop since there is a slot for it. I also use energizer 2650mah rechargeible and can take 550 pictures before it dies. I did not get the extra ac power cord. I think its a waste unless your shooting all day long in a stuido. Hope that helps.

5. el_shorty

el_shorty TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you don't want to waste the batteries while you transfer your photos, get a card reader like this one.

6. fatsheep

fatsheep TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the tip, I'll put that on my wish list. ;)

7. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    At least it's not as bad as a $500 canon lens hood.