Funny directions....(also, the DON'T LET ME WUSS OUT thread)

Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...so...I'm antsy and restless and I NEED TO GET OUT.

...so I'm considering...even though I'm broke...taking a day trip to Chicago this weekend. I'd park outside of the city, in a suburb, and take the train in, then use the L to get around. So I wanted to know how far it was from a certain Metra station to the nearest L station.....

I Yahoo Mapped it:

http://maps.yahoo.com/dd_result?new...o,+IL&country=us&tcsz=chicago,+IL&tcountry=us

(now lets hope that works)

I'm sure it's just because of one way streets...but I still find it humorous.

:biglaugh: That's to funny! I bet you'll have a great time. As nervous as I was to go into Boston it was pretty simple :)

Alison said:
:biglaugh: That's to funny! I bet you'll have a great time. As nervous as I was to go into Boston it was pretty simple :)

Well, I've been researching transportation.....

...and riding the Metra from Joliet into Chicago will cost me just over $5 each way. A one day pass on the L is $5. So we're up to a little over $15. Plus gas to get to and from Joliet....Driving to MIDWAY took around 1/3 of a tank of gas...so I'm gonna estimate gas at $12.

So...travel will cost under $30.

A cheap meal while I'm there...$6. I'm seriously, SERIOUSLY considering going Saturday.

A bit nervous because I'll be alone...well...most likely. I think I'm gonna call my friend Natalie and tell her she needs to come with. :twisted: :mrgreen:

That's not bad at all! It was about $45 for my travel into Boston and we had lunch plus ice cream, the train, the subway (which I goofed the first time and spent about $3 I didn't have to becasue Chris was half price!).

Wanna meet for lunch. If you've got an appt, you can't wus out... right?

....ok, Saturday may be moved to Sunday due to weather issues. (snow/rain on Sat).

...I'll have to watch weather.com.

As for lunch...no clue right now...haven't even talked to Natalie yet to see if she wants to go.

Well if you're going to be in town for lunch, consider Portillos Hot Dog joint. I can't go to Chicago with out the best dog in town. Good luck, have a great day.

Ok...so...I'm going to Millenium Park. I'm goin to Caffe Gelato (ok, so that's not for pictures)...I may go to Navy Pier and Wrigley Field.....

....suggest some good places in Chicago for me to do some shooting, where I won't get shot myself. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back