Galileo Reflection

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this shot this evening at the new Fossil Creek Reservoir Open Space near Windsor, Colorado. The sky in the water reminded me of those colored thermometers.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
1/80 seconds
Tripod

DSC01452.jpg

Since this is the critique gallery, I took a lot more time to look at this picture than it took for me to say WOW! The only thing that I think I can critique is that it would look a little better cropped on the top so that it's symetrical. 1/2 dozen in one hand, six in the other. It's a friggin awesome picture either way. Great work!

Hobbes - I don't want to start a big thing, but I felt like you were attacking my comment. I take more time then to say just WOW. In this case, I didn't have much to critique and thought I would provide my opinion toward the capture of this photo. As you mentioned and so has everyone else so far, this is a GREAT shot.

I also disagree with the cropping off the top idea as it will make the photo symetrical, putting the island in the middle of 50% sky 50% water. Cropping some of the bottom might help, but you will lose some of the reflection and you don't want that. If I were to crop anything, I would maybe crop some off the left side where the bushes are sticking out...just the ones on the top reaching toward the sky.

Again, in any case, very nice capture.

themonko said:
Hobbes - I don't want to start a big thing, but I felt like you were attacking my comment. I take more time then to say just WOW. In this case, I didn't have much to critique and thought I would provide my opinion toward the capture of this photo. As you mentioned and so has everyone else so far, this is a GREAT shot.

I also disagree with the cropping off the top idea as it will make the photo symetrical, putting the island in the middle of 50% sky 50% water. Cropping some of the bottom might help, but you will lose some of the reflection and you don't want that. If I were to crop anything, I would maybe crop some off the left side where the bushes are sticking out...just the ones on the top reaching toward the sky.

Again, in any case, very nice capture.

That wasn't an attack on you. I'm sorry it came out that way. I just meant that the first thing I thought about every time I scrolled back up to look at the picture. As for the cropping, I keep flipping back and forth with whether or not the picture would benefit from it.

hobbes28 said:
That wasn't an attack on you. I'm sorry it came out that way. I just meant that the first thing I thought about every time I scrolled back up to look at the picture. As for the cropping, I keep flipping back and forth with whether or not the picture would benefit from it.

No biggy...just had to say something :D

sorry, i have nothing more to say about the pic right now...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back