Garage Sale - deal or no deal ?

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Novatron 240 Kit - 2 lights/stands/umbrellas/power/hard case... It's an older one - SN 3769...

Had $199 on the case - however the seller had no idea what it even was .. was given to him by a friend who passed away and it already had the price tag on it when it was given to him...

It's 97 degrees out, and he just wanted to give stuff away and get inside....

$25 and it's yours ....... my wife said .. will you take $20
icon_rolleyes.gif
?

This is my first lighting kit and I want to learn everything I can about it...

Everything fires up and works perfectly using the test button - except, the syc cord wont' fit my Canon 450D - also - no operators manual, and I can't find anywhere I can download one from the net .... any suggestons??

thanks,

r

oh wow .. $20 only!! I think the stands and umbrellas will cost more than that!

oh wow .. $20 only!! I think the stands and umbrellas will cost more than that!

+1

Yeah - sounds like a great deal, even if the lights didn't even work, lol.

DEAL! With the power switch on the unit set to ON, plug it in for like 1 second, then unplug it. Wait 5 mins. Plug it in 2 seconds and wait 5 mins. Plug it in and go 3 seconds, then unplug it...this process over 15 mins will rebuild the capacitors and not blow them...

Rebuild the capacitors as above for at least 3 cycles, and then with a full-power flash fired through 2 heads, then allow 5-6 mins before firing another pop. After a couple of flash pops, the capacitors ought to be on their way to full rebuilding.

OLDER-style Novatron uses the same,exact pin system and trigger voltage as Speedotron Brown Line flash heads, which is very useful!

Most reactions

Back