Garden Pictures/ Waterfall

cw4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm 15 and have been taking pictures of Bellingrath Gardens in Alabama for about three years now. The waterfall pictures are somewhere in S. Carolina I believe. I've never really had somebody critique my pictures, so I was hoping somebody would. None of these images have been post processed.

100_4234.jpg

100_4825.jpg

SH100005.jpg

SH100011.jpg

VacationJuly05022_1.jpg

VacationJuly05013_1.jpg

100_4779.jpg

Im not expert but I think the second flower picture has poor DOF. If you had increased the DOF it would look a lot better. But thats just me.

GREAT PICS!

Hi CW.

The Lily is pretty nice. It could have used the help of a reflector or flash to open up the shadows but still not bad. The background is a bit busy with all the stems and unopened flowers. When you are looking for a good flower to shoot, keep the background in mind as you look through the view finder.

The 2nd one is pretty nice as well. You over exposed just a tad, washing out the colors a bit. The sky is a bit dull, but it looks like you didn't have a lot to work with there.

Number 3 doesn't really do anything for me. Not a lot of interest there.

Number 4, the 2nd flower is pretty darn good. You don't have a shadow, the background is pretty much a solid green and it has nice color. It looks like you got some even shade to shoot that one in.

Number 5 and 6, the two waterfalls are a tad over exposed. Your white water is almost blow out (that might be from compressing for the screen too) but you did a good job with them. Maybe next time try slowing the shutter speed down another second if you can keep from over exposing it. A neutral density filter or polorizer is good for waterfall shots like this. Let lets you slow the shutter speed down a bit more to get the smooth flow of water. I like a polorizer because it also brings out colors more, even with flowers.

Your last image doesn't really do anything for me there either.

Over all, I think you got some good shots and deffinately better than average.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back