Garden Pictures/ Waterfall

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by cw4u, Sep 22, 2007.

1. cw4u

cw4u TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm 15 and have been taking pictures of Bellingrath Gardens in Alabama for about three years now. The waterfall pictures are somewhere in S. Carolina I believe. I've never really had somebody critique my pictures, so I was hoping somebody would. None of these images have been post processed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Case

Case TPF Noob!

Im not expert but I think the second flower picture has poor DOF. If you had increased the DOF it would look a lot better. But thats just me.

GREAT PICS!

3. Mike Jordan

Mike Jordan TPF Noob!

Hi CW.

The Lily is pretty nice. It could have used the help of a reflector or flash to open up the shadows but still not bad. The background is a bit busy with all the stems and unopened flowers. When you are looking for a good flower to shoot, keep the background in mind as you look through the view finder.

The 2nd one is pretty nice as well. You over exposed just a tad, washing out the colors a bit. The sky is a bit dull, but it looks like you didn't have a lot to work with there.

Number 3 doesn't really do anything for me. Not a lot of interest there.

Number 4, the 2nd flower is pretty darn good. You don't have a shadow, the background is pretty much a solid green and it has nice color. It looks like you got some even shade to shoot that one in.

Number 5 and 6, the two waterfalls are a tad over exposed. Your white water is almost blow out (that might be from compressing for the screen too) but you did a good job with them. Maybe next time try slowing the shutter speed down another second if you can keep from over exposing it. A neutral density filter or polorizer is good for waterfall shots like this. Let lets you slow the shutter speed down a bit more to get the smooth flow of water. I like a polorizer because it also brings out colors more, even with flowers.

Your last image doesn't really do anything for me there either.

Over all, I think you got some good shots and deffinately better than average.

Mike