G'Day

cjoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
G'Day everyone, just introducing myself as a new member of the Photography Forum. I have to admit i've been hanging around as a guest for quite a while now, reading some articles and looking at some amazing photos. I thought it was time to join, so here I am. I hope I can make some contributions to this community and learn some stuff too.

Here's a little about myself:

My name is Tom, and I am a graphic design student at the University of Newcastle, Australia. I am currently studying my second year of design and have picked up photography as part of the course. I am interested in both studio and 'outdoor' photography, such as street photograhy, landscape and architectural.
I am currently an active member of the Graphic Design Forum, and have over 1,100 posts since i joined in 2005. I hope to accumulate the same sort of tally here.
I am a big fan of live music, unfortunately its hard to get a DSLR into a venue, no matter how small i think my 350D is, and i love going out and having a beer with mates. I am a keen surfer, but can't afford a waterproof housing, maybe someday...:)

Well thats me, hopefully I can build new friendships, and learn what the photography forum is all about. Thanks for your time, see you around the forum!

Hi Tom, welcome to TPF.

Welcome to TPF :D And btw, your avatar rules.... futurama is such a great program... the sad thing is i think i know where that pic comes from. Its where the proffeser accidently sprays himself with that fish hormone thing, which then attracts Dr zoidburg lol :D

Welcome fellow designer....... i find this more interesting than design forums, but maybe thats just because i wish i chose photog instead of design and i'm just bitter! Anyway you'll like it here...... i hope :D

Fate said:
Welcome to TPF :D And btw, your avatar rules.... futurama is such a great program... the sad thing is i think i know where that pic comes from. Its where the proffeser accidently sprays himself with that fish hormone thing, which then attracts Dr zoidburg lol :D

yeah i'm a bit of a Futurama freak.

Hertz van Rental said:
Welcome to TPF.
I have the complete Futurama on DVD ;)
Same, my daily medicine, is to watch an episode, then i never forget a quote!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I better get my arse into gear and start posting some pics! Eventually organise one of these meetups! They look like great fun!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back