Giant egg of dirt (?)

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a shot i took with my f3 a week or so ago, thought it looked like a giant egg made out of dirt (it was about the size and shape of an ostrich egg)

dirteggsmall.jpg

thanks, it's actually just a lump of clay. a big lump of clay. I had never seen such a cool looking lump of clay, so i took a picture of it :D

Good eye.
I like the lighting. Looks like the "egg of dirt" is highlighted - is this post-processed?

Groovy! Someone's been making mud cakes! Looks yummy... and it's a nice photo too.

lol funny, but i love the way you've composed it :D

to answer your question lafoto, this was post processed a little. all my photos are, actually (although on rare ocassions i'll get one that looks fine without editing, but again, that is rare :) . I dont really edit my film shots, but that's probably because i dont scan much of them). I dont remember what i did really in PS, i didnt change the colors much, i'm using kodak ultracolor film so it captures quite a bit of color (especially for print film). As for the lighting, I spot metered the brightest part of the scene (which was the 'egg' obviously, and was quite a bit brighter than the rest, which resulted in an underexposure of everything else.). I think it was around an 8 second exposure (it was pretty dark). I did burn a little here and there though to get the effect i wanted.

Most reactions

Back