Glen Muick Landscapes

Eastw77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for a stroll in the highlands yesterday, here are a few shots from the walk. Critique always welcome.

RiverMuick.jpg

LochMuickwhouse.jpg

GlenMuick.jpg

GlenMuickSnowPatch.jpg

GlenMuickPanorama.jpg

GlenMuickStoneDyke.jpg

LochMuick.jpg

Great depth of field. In the first shot, I think I focus a lot on the bolder on the ground for some reason and miss the best part your shot, the skyline. :)

Thanks for the comment. Ha Ha unfortunately there used to be glaciers running through that area so it's pretty hard to find a shot without a dirty grat big boulder in it.:lol:

They were all edited. They were taken around 2pm so the sky was quite bright. I did 2 RAW conversions for each pic, one for the sky and one for the foreground then combined them in photoshop using a layer mask. Nothing much apart from that just some slight dodging and burning and a bit of unsharp mask.
I think #3 in my fav, I like the way the pool of water leads youe eye into the backround. I also like #6 if you look closely there are 2 Red Stags right on the top of the left had hill which you can see against the sky. I didn't notice thim untill after I took the shot then they ran off down the hill. I was made up you can see them in the pic, albeit very small.

I think #3 in my fav, I like the way the pool of water leads youe eye into the backround. I also like #6

Bingo, i totally agree those are my favs too.... overall very nice set, its amazing how similar scotland can look to iceland, you are very lucky to live so near to the mountains. Im gonna have to visit sometime soon! :thumbup:

I have never been to Iceland but would love to go. I really like the look of the landscape there. BTW I am only living here in Scotland for another 15 weeks the I'm emigrating down to New Zealand! I should get some decent shot there I'd expect!

wow yea definatelty!!!.... New Zealand has been on my to do list for such a long time.... like iceland, it is simply a landscape photogs heaven... im sure you will be awe struck, i know i would be!

I LOVE 3 and 5! The contrast, as well as the interest from front to back! Really nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back