Gone Hunt'n

I hunted down this beauty!

Anyone remember the model year??? Around the '50s?

7985-TheBuickCarTPF.jpg

7985-NoseTPF.jpg

7985-SteeringWheelTPF.jpg

7985-TrunkTPF.jpg

that doesnt look like a bear to me. :scratch:

it does look like an awesome car, and some excellent pics though.

sorry, i have no idea what year it is, but i would guess its from the 50's too.

Well my eye sight ain't what it usta be.....

Actually this was parked in a Win-Dixie lot, waiting someone to park next to it a open their door against it.

Someone will come up with the year......thanks!

Looks like a beautiful '53 Roadmaster to me, but I'm not well versed in Buicks...

I will own a straight 8 buick one day! Mark my words ;-)

Just to share, here's a photo I picked up at an antique store this past winter:

tressa_1950_small.jpg

I grew up as a kid in Australia in the 50's coming originally from great Britain and in those years there were a lot of "yank tanks" in this country. Maybe not technologically as good as the European cars, but as far as design goes, you couldn't beat em. I love the extensive use of chrome. How can you compare a 54-56 Cadillac with the current model. It seems all the cars look the same these days.

It's all explained away by safety and regulations! IE: the hood ornament on my 1954 Ford becomes a weapon of death during a frontal collision. Which isn't of much concern for me as the driver, because I'm too busy being impaled on the non-collapsable steering column, haha!

Wasn't it Sammy Davis Jr. that lost his eye when he wrecked and his face met the business end of a brody knob he had installed on his steering wheel? I love the old stuff, but it's not up to snuff with today's high-speed lifestyle and nonattentive, aggressive drivers. And if today's stuff was as cool as yesterdays', we'd have nothing to reminesce about.

Most reactions

Back