good camera bag

papatooth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi anyone know what a good camera and accessories hiking backpack would be?
one that can handle say a day or 2 doing going back country camping. also what would be a good camera and gear backpack?

Planning to take all your lenses + camera? or just a camera + a single lens?
Tripod?

When I did go on long hiking trips, I would pass up any camera backpack for the comfort of a nice well designed frame pack. I simply packed everything well inside my frame pack with the tripod strapped to the outside. A shoulder bag (in my case lowepro stealth reporter 200) would be an option to allow easy fast access and still allow for a backpack for provisions. Another option that I have seen others use is a top loader case worn on the chest. Again, allows for the use of a hiking backpack of your choice.

Agree with the comments above re the Flipside. It's an incredibly well-designed bag.

Don;t have mine any longer, as I switched all my bags over to Think Tank, but I am sorely tempted to get another!

The Flipside also features attachment points/straps, so you can start off with a small Flipside then expand with lens bags if you need (of course not idead if you carry stacks of equipment on a day-to-day basis).

If you are thinking about hiking that includes camping, then you probably don't want a camera specific backpack because it won't be ideal for your more important gear. As suggested, you will probably want a proper hiking pack and then just fit your camera gear in with the rest of your stuff.

its seems that i should make a choice about the types of pictures i want to take before i head out. its kinda tough because i have picture ADD and love to shoot all sorts of stuff. maybe i should get a 28-200 lens to cover wide to zoom, but then i lose the option of macro. i think this calls for a try and succeed or a try and fail senario.

Just hire a Sherpa to carry your gear so you can take it all. ;)

I would go with an internal frame hiking pack. They hold a lot and you could reserve a portion of the pack for camera equipment. A Camera bag won't hold enough for a 2 day hike. I use an external frame but I think you would be good with an internal. That's what most hikers use now.

i just ordered a lowepro compudaypack, hope i like it!!

Most reactions

Back