Good price?

TJ K

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm selling my D90 body only on ebay right now so i can get a d300 and the price is up to 800 with an hour left. Is that a good price? Thanks
tj

getting retail.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the winning bidder was a nigerian scammer :thumbup: that's my luck. I'll just have to stick w/ my d90 for a bit longer i guess. It's not a big deal.

Dear ebay seller,
I am very happy to inform you that i am the lucky winner of this item,i want
to let you know that i am committed in buying your item,infact i
never believe it until i saw confirmation from ebay that i won
it,In a nutshell i am purchasing this item for my fiance working
with the British American Tobbaco In Nigeria (BAT) abroad[africa]as
a bithday present this is the type he want and i have calculated
the shipping cost so as to make it easy So i will be paying you
(200)for the shipping cost so i want you to help me buy a greeting
card along with it wishing him a long life and properity ok,so i
will be making the payment via (PAYPAL) today,i want the item to be
ship via (UPS/DHL/USPS) first thing in the
morning.If possible today.Looking forward to hear from you soon..Below is where i want to ship the item to

sounds like a real person eh? dear ebay seller really? haha

Well the winning bidder was a nigerian scammer :thumbup: that's my luck. I'll just have to stick w/ my d90 for a bit longer i guess. It's not a big deal.

Dear ebay seller,
I am very happy to inform you that i am the lucky winner of this item,i want
to let you know that i am committed in buying your item,infact i
never believe it until i saw confirmation from ebay that i won
it,In a nutshell i am purchasing this item for my fiance working
with the British American Tobbaco In Nigeria (BAT) abroad[africa]as
a bithday present this is the type he want and i have calculated
the shipping cost so as to make it easy So i will be paying you
(200)for the shipping cost so i want you to help me buy a greeting
card along with it wishing him a long life and properity ok,so i
will be making the payment via (PAYPAL) today,i want the item to be
ship via (UPS/DHL/USPS) first thing in the
morning.If possible today.Looking forward to hear from you soon..Below is where i want to ship the item to

sounds like a real person eh? dear ebay seller really? haha

It must be depressing to be so distrustful of fellow human beings.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Just ran the paragraph in google and boom it popped right up for someone else asking about a scam. :lol::lol: i can't believe more than 1 person thought of the exact same thing just a church rather than a tobacco place. lollll

That sucks. I would report that guy to ebay though so the account will get deleted.

OR you could have fun with it and tag him along for a while. There was an account I read of a guy who actually made like, 52$ off the the scammer. I wish I could find the link to the article.

That sucks. I would report that guy to ebay though so the account will get deleted.

OR you could have fun with it and tag him along for a while. There was an account I read of a guy who actually made like, 52$ off the the scammer. I wish I could find the link to the article.

The Powerbook Prank: He wanted a Powerbook. We gave him a P-P-P-Powerbook!

Is that what you were thinking of? I remember reading that years ago, and your post reminded me of it. I know it's a bit off-topic, but certainly worth the read. He didn't make any money off the scammer (actually, if he didn't get donations, it would have cost him like $80) but made him spend like $550 on tariffs (or duties, or whatever those taxes are called). Easily one of the greatest Internet pranks ever. :)

Last edited:
You can report him to get your fees charges back to you. Nothing more you can do through eBay, they don't even allow sellers to post negative feedback anymore.

eBay customer service is amongst a couple others which I consider to be the worst on the planet!

You ought to share their email address with us, so EVERYONE here on TPF can flood his email address with spam emails for several days.

Here's wishing a slow and very painful death to ALL scammers and spammers!

What happened to Jeff? Did they guy get to him? ahhh

N.gif
Adorama usually has great prices... and great service

Once you resolve issue with "winning" bidder/scammer, don't forget that you can still sell to next highest bidder with "second chance" offer.

Might be worth doing (instead of relisting) if his bid was high enough.

Good luck!

I think I found your listing in eBay completed sales - if you specified US only, and he bid ayway in violation fo that, you might can void the sale even easier, as he also broke that requirement.

In the future, you can also specify that bidders have met certain requirements before they are even allowed to bid on your listings.

This scammer guy is just a cockroach imho.

Last edited:
Ya i'll probably wait until after thanksgiving so I can get shots of the family and all and then put it back up on ebay. I went to ebay and filed out a bid cancellation thing or w.e. that he was not in a country I would ship to. It seem like after all of this he doesn't want to talk anymore :lol: Since he isn't going to respond i'm sure in 7 days ebay cancels the sale so that will be around when i'm going to put er' back up. D300 here I come in a little while haha. :)
tj

Most reactions

Back