Grace Project: January - White

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I’m participating in a couple of photo challenges/projects this year. This is for the Grace Project. Its a project to create a monthly, color themed collage. January’s color was white. We had some snow at the beginning of the month which was helpful but I still struggled with this one. Trying to get a similar white balance in all of these was my biggest issue. Never having made a collage before was the next hurdle. Anyway - thought I’d share this here and recommend the Grace Project if anyone is looking for something different than a weekly or 365 Project. February’s color is of course, red. Challenging myself not to use any hearts or flowers in Feb!

0F1513F0-4300-4814-9725-29D4970B762B.jpeg

Now I’m thinking I might like this arrangement better- less emphasis on the one tree pic... thoughts?

F5847993-8AB3-4641-AC76-4D3A090C7CDB.jpeg

Both collages work. I like the first one, the way there's a big photo and the others play off of it. The second collage is equally valid though. Hard to pick one as definitely better than the other. NICE photos!

Both collages work. I like the first one, the way there's a big photo and the others play off of it. The second collage is equally valid though. Hard to pick one as definitely better than the other. NICE photos!

Thanks for the compliment. I need to eventually choose which one but I have lots of time as the plan with this project is to use the collages to print a photo book or a calendar for myself for next year. For the book the collage would be the lead with the individual photos to follow. I’m leaning toward the second one but will see how the rest of the year ends up.

I'd think about the sizing and proportion. I found I could see the flowers and tree but couldn't make out at first what the dog was or the Christmas lights without getting in closer. I haven't done a collage in a long time and have done them hands on where the cut out paper pieces can be different shapes or overlap etc., so this is obviously done differently and I'm probably rusty on doing collages anyway. I like the balance overall better in the second one, and the way the ones with a hint of color are on opposite corners.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back