Website
coffmanimages.webs.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there a difference between this style,
digi1.jpg

And this style?
filter_grad_502.jpg

If I were to get the "rectangle" style, does it come with the attachment for the lens or is that separate? I wouldn't think there is any difference between the style (round vs rectangle). I'd rather have the round filter but I was wondering what you landscape photographers would suggest.
Thanks guys!

Is there a difference between this style,
digi1.jpg

And this style?
filter_grad_502.jpg

If I were to get the "rectangle" style, does it come with the attachment for the lens or is that separate? I wouldn't think there is any difference between the style (round vs rectangle). I'd rather have the round filter but I was wondering what you landscape photographers would suggest.
Thanks guys!

The top filter, the filter and holders are separate. The square filters allows you to frame the shot and then slid the filter up and down to place the graduation where you want it.

With the round filter you will have to frame your shot on the filter line instead of framing your shot and then applying the filter where needed. Everyone I know (including me) uses the square style as they are far more versatile.

I use the Cokin filters and absolutely love them! Go for the rectangle (usually Cokin) filters, Id say.

Mark

What density would you recommend? Thanks guys for the advice btw! It does make more sense to be able to adjust it to my needs.
EDIT: Also, does the color matter?

Last edited:
Graduated ND filters are always gray if I understand correctly. Theyre specifically made with no actual colors so that they wont distort the colors of your photos. I would say get an ND8 and either an ND4 or two ND2s. You could even get all 4. These are stackable with the Cokin system, so you can use what suits your needs, but most reccommend an ND8. If its too much, you can always make youre exposure longer while shooting in RAW, then make up for it in PP.

Mark

What density would you recommend? Thanks guys for the advice btw! It does make more sense to be able to adjust it to my needs.
EDIT: Also, does the color matter?

I have three sets of ND filters. All standard ND, not colored. One set of solid, one set of soft graduated and one set of hard graduated. The hard graduated get the least use. Each set includes a 0.3, 0.6 & 0.9 graduated filter.

Good link on ND filters and good filters, but they are expensive. http://www.singh-ray.com/grndgrads.html

Filters are a lot of fun.

I far from being an expert but, I enjoy using ND filters for long exposures of flowing water and waterfalls. The tobacco colored filters will be in my collection one day. :)

You'll need an adapter ring and a filter holder.

I prefer the P-series, but it depends on what you want, and your needs.

Good Luck,

Dan

Have a look at Lee filters www.leefilters.com They have an informative site, are not cheap but great quality

ps square for me but I do have others for ease of use when limited on carry space

Most reactions

New Topics

Back