Grandma's cats.

Jacob Ben Avraham

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are Grandma's cats. Well, she isn't really my grandma, but she's a loving lady who loves cats who lives in the small township of San Geronimo, in Guazapa, in El Salvador. A few of these cats are cats without tails, (Manx cats) a rare breed that are born without tails. They originate from the Isle of Man, in the UK. Somehow, they found their way to El Salvador. I looked up their value, Manx cats can be sold for between $500 and $1500 a cat. So, Grandma has at least $4000 worth of cats in her place. I mean, no one in El Salvador is going to buy a cat for that much. Maybe $20.

IMG_1126.JPG

Nice candid of a kind lady, we need more like her in the world!
We have a team here in my neighbourhood who look after street cats, make sure they are neutered, vaxinated against rabies fed and watered etc
As a result they look healthy and people always stop to make a fuss of them etc. They have become a feature and it's nice to see.
The poor strays elsewhere are not so lucky looking very diseased and avoided at all costs. Nice to see this :encouragement:

Maybe so, but they all get along. She has a pup, a few times it got too close to one of the cats, and tried to play with the cat, the cat didn't like that too much and gave the pup a swat with her paw. Live and learn!

Nice shot. What a herd of cats! I like the dog looking on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back