Greek holiday photos c+c welcome

Gazman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just a few of my shots from my recent trip to Kos.

1st time playing with my new Cpol filter.

Enjoy (or not :) ) please c+c if you like, need all the help i can get.

2890705926_2587c91e50.jpg

2. Couldn`t get a nice 90 degree angle here, hence sky is ruined a bit
2889859645_23de6763fb_b.jpg

3. Horizon fixed.

2892180440_53f09897a0_b.jpg

2890684870_5795da2ed3_b.jpg

2889849219_fa61f57679_b.jpg

Also, a question to finish.

On really wide angle shots (with this lens - 18mm) i noticed with cpol filter if i get a good deep blue coming in for the sky i also get very dark corners (vignetting? ) I think i understand why this happens, but how would i cure it?

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful shots! I liked them all. #2 is my favorite. The uneven sky looks great to me. The boat and sand has a nice, soft feel to it. As for the vignetted corners, I can't help much there. I personally like vignetted corners; I guess that is why I vignette all my photos during pp. Nice job overall.

I like your pics. Most pp programs can fix the problem you speak of, I use photoshop and lightroom manly lightroom. But there are other programs that are probably cheaper someone will be along to share.

chuck

On the vignetting, I understand that to be just the effect of the CPOL... it's not really vignetting, per se, so much as the result of the position you have rotated the CPOL into with respect to the position of the sun. You can lessen the effect by adjusting the direction the lens is pointing in and/or the rotational position of the cpol.

On the pics...

1. Nice sky, not too exciting a pic however.
2. I think the sky looks fine. Nice pic, though I might have cropped it differently... stepped back a bit to get the whole sail, perhaps, and raised the camera a bit to lower the boat in the frame. Still, not bad. Looks like the focus may have been a hair off or the DOF may have been a bit too extreme- can't tell what your aperature settings were on this one.
3. Very neat shot, but fix that "horizon" (straighten the pic) Very cool shot, though. I likey!
4&5. Neat, but don't excite me too much. Nothing against the shots, they just didn't "hit me".

After you make your adjustments, I think #2 could become very nice. #2 also gives me a feeling like your setting up for something to be in the foreground, and so in my mind I expect to see something there, and leaving me desiring something more.

manaheim - I sort of agree about composition of the shot i actually took a vertical of the boat too, to include the full sail, but i just prefered this shot for some reason.
Shot details were - 18mm focal length , 1/40 , f/22 and if i remember i focused on the actual sail.

and yea, i intend to fix the horizon on 3, i actually just sat the camera on a sunbed because i have no tripod :)

Thanks for comments so far

Most reactions

New Topics

Back