Hallo all, I am new here

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by LaFoto, Feb 1, 2004.

1. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hallo, all you wonderful photographers here. I'm new and have just joined the site.
    For you to see who I am, here's my photo (merits go to my dad!) - from a loooooong time ago :D

[​IMG]

2. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

hallo, wie gehts :D

3. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Willkommen an bord!
    Hope you have fun.

4. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Gruss Gott vom Arsch der Welt :lol:

5. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey, thanks a lot, folks, for your nice welcome. And all speaking to me in German, wow, how come you all speak it?

Well, it may be about time to also introduce myself with a photo, this time not my photo taken by someone else ages ago, but one of my photos... erm... taken by me.

Now, unfortunately I'm so much an amateur that I can't tell you much about any photographic details. I've liked photography always, but only got a little better about it when I got my Canon EOS 500N, first along in a kit with the original 28-80mm lense, later with the additional Sigma DL Macro Super 70-300mm lense.

I've never so far invested much in film for I'm still constantly trying, with a good many no-so-good-shots, so an average Fujicolor C200 must do...

And with that I - for example - took this one. It reflects my all-time favourite colour: spring green. How I love that colour! Nature photography therefore is on top of my list (and mostly so, "nature" keeps still long enough for me to take it's picture ;)).

[​IMG]

Well, photos DO suffer from being digitalized and resized to fit into a picture host site... :(

6. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

there's quite a few nature and landscape photographers here, so you'll learn a lot :D

im german by marriage (got the german last name and all :p ) so i made the hubby teach me a little so i can eavesdrop on his telephone conversations while talking to friends and family in Germany :lol: .. gotta make sure he's not calling me names :shock:

7. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    gruen ist gut! ;) If you like green, you'll love New Zealand. Sure it pisses down rain all the time, but its quite a lush country :)

cool pic, thanks for sharing that!

8. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Tell you what, vonnagy: New Zealand has been my favourite country to once-go-to-in-my-life for ages, but so far I've never made it there. My dad has, though, and travelled the country by bike (both islands, if I get things right). He sure has huge albums full of wonderful pictures, but those are his and I ... still have to catch all the "German" green in nature that I can ;)

So this tiny area of swamp is just beside the road I take every day, and I used to see this little stretch of swamp-land (really tiny!) any time I came past and said to myself: "I wonder how that might look in a photo?" So one day I actually stopped, and went off the road (my shoes took three days in drying after that... :roll:) and took a couple of photos. Not easy with the sun having to shine through all the trees around, I sometimes thought by myself 'Can't it make a bright spot there?', for example, but well... some pictures came out nice, I think.

9. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

Welcome.....

Look forward to seeing more.

10. jack

jack TPF Noob!

hello corinna !
    greetings from London. :) :wink:

11. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi bogleric, hi Jack, thank you to you, too, for the nice welcome.

If you want to see more, hop over to the theme-site... I have virtually "swamped" that yesterday... today I'm having second thoughts about it, but that's just me: if and when I join something, I jump in head first. :roll:

12. LaFoto

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Could someone maybe shift this thread into the Introduction Forum, for that's where it actually belongs? When I had just joined, I didn't know that Introduction Forum was there (for it's deep down in the "vaults" of this site, ;-)) and introduced myself here...