Halloween in January? *sharing photos*

maulrat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Halloween in January? Well... sort of. Not only am I a newb to photography, I am also a newb to cosplay. I just wanted to share a couple of photos I took at Anime L.A. 2009. I had a great time and had tons of photos to process. Shooting cosplay is a fun way to practice your skills and meet enthusiastic photographers and cosplayers. The rest of my Anime L.A. photos can be seen at this link:
cabusi : photos : Anime L.A. 2009- powered by SmugMug

Enjoy XD

449727223_UtZmx-L-1.jpg

449886993_TvRG4-L.jpg

450918741_B8Kvh-M.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those are great.

Dude, you need to throttle down on the skin work. They look very plasticy. Is number 2 a person or a doll?

Dude, you need to throttle down on the skin work. They look very plasticy. Is number 2 a person or a doll?

Just noticed today. My monitor at home is a little off from the LCD i'm on here at work. I will definitely go back and bump up the opacity on my original skin texture layer to bring back more pores. Thanks for the tip =)

Cosplay is short for 'costume play'. Basically people dressing up as their favorite anime character. Similar to Trekkies or Star Wars fans who dress up for conventions.
Yeah, but these girls are HOT! Trekkies... not so much.

Cosplay is short for 'costume play'. Basically people dressing up as their favorite anime character. Similar to Trekkies or Star Wars fans who dress up for conventions.

Unlike many Trekkies, most cosplayers make and sew their own costumes. They can be quite beautiful. A good friend who got me into photography, is very big into cosplay. Here is one of his photo.

**courtesy of www.TonyQuan.com

102591450.0nuAlIEv.jpg

Last edited:
I actually like the second one the way it is, unless your going for a super realistic look, it looks cool.

Too much yellow in those first three. Added on to the aggressive post processing.

I added more pores back into #3. Does it look more realistic now? To me, when I add back too much pores after smoothing, the makeup really appears thick! Like she uses sandpaper to take it off every night, lol.

#1 is a hair too yellow, but otherwise looks great. #2 and #3 don't look like real people. Like, 100% honestly they look like lifeless mannequins, with really nice eyes.

Those are some gorgeous women.. I like the pictures.. I think the surreal look lends itself to the people portraying fake characters in the first place.

what setting is that that changes the skin? i have yet to do any closeup portrait work, so i have no idea.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back