Hank & His Fish

Scott Whaley

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted Hank the Heron along the shore line at the lake this evening. He was scouting for his evening meal. I sat at a picnic table shooting photos as he paced back an forth along the water's edge when he spotted a small blue gill. He immediately sprung into action. Not a big catch: More like an appetizer. I was able to get some decent photos. The sad thing about it is that I watched him for over 30 minutes and nothing. I started walking up to the area where I parked when a gentleman who watched me photograph Hank yelled, "He's got a big one." I was quite a distance away from him at that point. I could see a large fish in his beak and all of a sudden, "Gulp" it was gone. I missed a great set of shots by about 2 minutes. Bummer! Maybe next time.

Hank & His Fish 1 (1 of 1).jpg

Hank & His Fish 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Hank & His Fish 3 (1 of 1).jpg

Nice images of him.

I tad under exposed but good to see Hank having a go at Bill, the blue gill. :wink-6:

While the action is well captured and the subject well enough exposed and framed, there seems to be something off with the processing, which has been detrimental to the finer detail. NR possibly?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back