happy bride!

mfacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattfacer.com
Long time since I've posted on here!!

My girlfriend and I went over to Sydney (Bondi Beach) for her brothers wedding. This is my favourite shot which came out of the day... I'd be interested to see what people think!

2404916615_8945062be4.jpg

I love the expression on her face, you captured a great moment!

I do think the exposure is a little all over the place though with the blown out background and their skin tones seem too dark. Fill flash definitely would have brought this picture to another level.

No offense, but I disagree with the above poster. I really like the way the back is blown out. I think the contrast points you to exactly where the focus should be. This is an awesome shot. I'm sure they will love it.

No offense, but I disagree with the above poster. I really like the way the back is blown out. I think the contrast points you to exactly where the focus should be. This is an awesome shot. I'm sure they will love it.

I agree with this. Did you consider lightening the shadows under her eyes just a BIT?

Like JoannaWilcox said... you really captured a wonderful moment.

-Pete

thanks for the comments guys - much appreciated!

I found it difficult to shoot, as often the groom was in full sunlight and the bride in shade.

I was shooting with no flash most of the time, and if I did use it, I was using the on board crappy flash (no flash gun with me!)... Shot using a 200mm lens from the right side of the congregation.

I quite like the fact that the background is blown out - it looked odd before, so I adjuted the levels to actually achieve this white.

these were only practice shots really as I'm going on my first wedding shoot at the end of this month (As the back up man - so not too much pressure!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back