Harry Potter as art? ;-)

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've also put the first one in for the Weekly Challenge #3 theme for shallow DOF but I wanted to know what you guys think of it coz we don't really get comments on the pics there.
It's a small extract of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix that I wrote out.

ShallowDoFsideon.jpg

ShallowDoF.jpg

I think I prefer the first one because it's a bit more arty farty rather than just a photo of text.

I am glad to see text in these photos. I think the Harry Potter art is in it is ability to get the kids jazzed about reading, which leads to a beautiful world beyond the Xbox and MTV.

I think the second frame is stronger. I love the hand written script, but the lighting is a little "lack luster". Maybe more directional light would give it a mysterious feel.

Personally; Ms Rowling should give up on the painful film process. The first film was a nightmare. I mean they left out the magic and craft of filmmaking. Not to mention the magic of the the book and or script. I am sure you or I could have done a better job on that one.

Can you explain what "art farty" means?

I like the second one as well, but since I have no idea what the words say (i don't know french), I don't get much out of the photo. If it were in English, or any language I could understand, I would be looking for meaning in the words in the shot...

craig said:
Personally; Ms Rowling should give up on the painful film process. The first film was a nightmare. I mean they left out the magic and craft of filmmaking. Not to mention the magic of the the book and or script. I am sure you or I could have done a better job on that one.

Agreed.

I love pictures of text, regardless of what the text actually is. I think the DOF is better in the first one, but I love the angle of the second. Great work on both though!

I agree on the lighting on the second one! the first is a much better exposure, love the DOF on both, nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks everyone,
Yeah it was an absolutely crappy day yesterday - raining. Yuk!
So that's why I did these coz I couldn't go outside.

By arty farty - I meant that the words didn't have any meaning anymore because they were on such a harsh angle and it's difficult to read them. I guess I wanted it to stop being text and become something else.

Re: the movies, definately agree on the first one. It was absolute crap, acting wise and just for the general feel of the movie. #2 was a little bit better - but that was probably just because they didn't have to waste time introducing characters and the original story line was a lot better. #3 was by far the best but still not perfect. That director Alfonso something is great! I'm looking forward to the next one although it's with a different director (4 weddings and a funeral guy) I reckon it'll be really good.

The definition of "Arty farty" may be a whole thread in it's self. At any rate the text has become "something else" I love the curves. Not being able to make sense of the words is somehow interesting as well.

In our current state of technology; I wonder if hand written text is dead?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back