has anyone seen

Honestly, I find this thread is discouraging.

Well, but keep one thing in mind:

there are other threads! :) :)

and you can choose!

don't worry, no reason to be discouraged, just sometimes certain buzzwords provoke rants :p

Dear Mr. Picasso,
I want to be a painter. What paints and brushes do you use?

ShutteredEye, just a minor point - the Sony A-100 is a dSLR based on the Konica-Minolta line that Sony took over. It has the option of fully manual exposure control and everything else you would expect of an "entry-level" digital SLR. Of course the previous poster didn't give that impression by calling it "fully auto".

AKA... I guess you misunderstood the thread. No-one's implying that shooting "fully auto" is inherently wrong. Although see my point above - the A-100 is a fully featured dSLR, not just a "fully auto" - it has "fully auto" and fully manual control, just as any dSLR does. It's no harder to use with fully manual exposure than a Canon or Nikon or any other dSLR. But if you decide to shoot in Auto or scene modes, great, no-one's suggesting you shouldn't. Nor have any of us claimed to be "pros".

The "negativity" in this thread is directed at Nikon's advertising department. Not at "new photographers", and not at you, so I'm not sure why you're taking it personally. No offence was intended... except to advertising executives of course :)

I like the first one, of those three for me the outstanding one. colours are great .. it is a bit soft, but that serves it well! and composition is very simple (in case you are not familiar with it: simple does not mean bad or inadequate) ... a clean nice image!

the second lacks contrast severely in my opinion.

bummer, HOW THE HECK did THAT happen!

I am amazed too. American's can't pronounce Nikon correctly :p

hahahah

and since when could ANY American pronounce anything with an "i" in it

every time i hear the word "semi" i burst out laughing :mrgreen:

sorry no offence intended :blushing:

every time i hear the word "semi" i burst out laughing :mrgreen:

sorry no offence intended :blushing:

do they also do it with "expertise" ... and with pee?

sorry ...offense intended ... :p

Nikon pronounced with original Japanese direct translation would sound like.

Nee-con (as in pros and cons)

I personally take Japanese class ans still say N(eye)con (pros and cons)

This is exactly how you would pronounce it in Germany ... that is why Japanese is so easy for Germans.

its how its pronounced in England too :) so its just the americans again heheheh mind you there is over 300 million of them now, so they can pronounce it however they like LOL

Most reactions

Back