Hasselblad lens not locking into body.

Hertz van Rental said:
Once other medium format cameras started doing inter-changeable backs then pros stopped using them.

Well, the prices sure didn't go down until the pros started switching to digital. :lol:

I love my Hassy, but it's no better than my Pentax 67II, or any other decent medium format SLR I've used as far as image quality goes. You'll find a lot more actual variety of handling and features among medium format SLRs than 35mm SLRs. They are all different beasts, and each has a unique feel and it's own quirks. None have seemed to me to be particularly difficult to use.

My biggest complaint about Hasselblad has been the "Cadillac" prices on the accessories; they'd like to charge you a $1000 for a lens hood. But with the used market flooded, I'm having no problem finding reasonable deals.

I think the deal these days on a medium format SLR has to be with the Bronica models. Nice cameras, and they are going dirt cheap.

Very interesting chatter going on! Another question! I have recently bought some extension tubes for my 80mm lens, one is a 56mm, the other a 21mm does any one know what difference each extension tube size will make to my exposures? Many Thanks

nitter said:
Very interesting chatter going on! Another question! I have recently bought some extension tubes for my 80mm lens, one is a 56mm, the other a 21mm does any one know what difference each extension tube size will make to my exposures? Many Thanks

It's "extension factor". The formula for determining the extension factor is:

extension factor = (total extension length)squared divided by (focal length)squared

The extension factor is the amount by which you must increase exposure, so a factor of 2 is one stop, a factor of 4 is 2 stops, etc...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back