Having problems with my D3100

Janiejones007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I bought the camera about 6 months ago and everything has been working great. About a month ago I went to take a picture and it sounded like it took and the flash went off as well but the screen is complete black when I try to view new photos (no, I didn't leave the lens cap on :) ) I can view all the previous ones Ive taken but it's not taking any new ones. Any ideas as to what could have happened and how to fix it?

Have you tried turning on off changing lens. Have you dropped it, or could it have been dropped by someone else, any physical marks? Ermm was it on auto mode or one of the manual modes?

I've tried turning it off and changing lenses and it didn't work. I also tried it in all the different modes.

Put your camera in auto mode then take a picture and see of you can see it.

That didn't work either. It's getting really frustrating! I've looked through all the options and pressed everything I possibly can and it won't work.

Have you tried formatting your memory card?

I bought the camera about 6 months ago and everything has been working great. About a month ago I went to take a picture and it sounded like it took and the flash went off as well but the screen is complete black when I try to view new photos (no, I didn't leave the lens cap on :) ) I can view all the previous ones Ive taken but it's not taking any new ones. Any ideas as to what could have happened and how to fix it?
The camera's shutter could have failed.

You don't say if you tried to upload the photos to a computer to see them there.

Don't let the 1 year warranty run out. Send the camera in to have it checked over.

http://www.nikonusa.com/Service-And-Support/Service-And-Repair.page

I will try to upload them. If that doesn't work I will format the memory card. Thanks!

Most reactions

Back