He went that way!

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$PC030002.jpg

Very fitting title. Around here, bluejays are notoriously camera shy. No matter how quietly I try to get closer or how long my lens is, they *always* fly up into the tree and behind a branch. I have very few pictures of them.

Love this one.

Nice idea, and even the cutest little bird. Great capture. Later. Ed

Very fitting title. Around here, bluejays are notoriously camera shy. No matter how quietly I try to get closer or how long my lens is, they *always* fly up into the tree and behind a branch. I have very few pictures of them.

Love this one.

Yes they are flighty little SOB. A blind would be ideal for up close shots.

The Blue Jays along with Cardinals are very wary around here & are hard to get a shot of. I was able to coach the jays in with some peanuts onto the balcony & I set the camera out with a radio trigger. I sat in the living-room & snapped when they came by. One jay did not stop but picked up a peanut on the fly.

Here are three other shots:

$PC030001.jpg

$PC030012.jpg

$PC030008.jpg

Those are really nice Ron. And as usual, I'm completely jealous of the shots people on this board get.

They are nice shots. Funny how these birds are so flighty but I have seen them attack cats, squirrels and even people when they have a nest nearby. A cat we had got knocked off a tree branch to the ground and then continued to attack until the cat ran off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back