Hello Everyone.

Shaun

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am new here,I want to pick up photography as a hobbie. I was wondering if anyone could recomend some good 35mm SLR's to look into. I need something that has good manual controls but not to steep of a price.

Howdy Shaun. Welcome to the forum. You're gonna hear different things from everyone who would recomend an SLR to ya. The thing you should look for is something that you would be comfortable with. Go down to your local camera store and pick up a few of the models in your price range. See witch one seems to feel right in your hands. Look to see where all of the controls are and pick the one that seems to comliment you the best. Most any SLR you get today will allow you to go fully manual or automatic. Great to learn with! As you can see in my signature I went with the Minolta Maxxum 5 SLR. It was in price range at the time and it has been a wonderful camera. I will probably move to a Canon or Nikon camera one day because of the lenses and the simple fact that they have more options as far as lenses and accessories go. But for now the Minolta treats me very well! good luck and have fun!

:D

Welcome aboard Shaun and that's excellent advice from Aggiezach.

The Rebel GII will do full manual or shutter priority modes, both of which let you set shutter speed.

It's a pretty good entry-level SLR. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles as, say the Rebel Ti, which is about $50 more with a bit nicer lens.

Welcom to TPf, by the way!

Welcome abroad!

And I agree with drlynn, for the extra $50 you can have more of a camera and lens.

Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back