Hello from England! (Kent to be precise)

Neil A

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Afternoon all :D

After receinvg my annual bonus at work I decided to buy a dSLR. I opted for a Nikon D40 as it seemed to be a perfect introduction into the world of photograpghy which doesn't just involve "point-and-shoot". Since then I got the "Dummies guide to DSLR photography" which is a great intro, a Hoya polarising filter and a Scandisk Extreme II 2gig card.

I'll mainly be using the camera in conjunction with my hobbies so it'll come mountain biking with me and I'll definitely be taking it to Le Mans with me this year. Plus obvious holidays etc.

I'm currently on the lookout for a telephoto lens with a greater focal range; a 70-200 or 70-300 perhaps. Unfortunately, there aren't many budget lenses out there with lens based focussing motors which will be compatible with the D40's autofocus. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. :wink:

Oh, and I'm 27 and work for RBS Insurance in marketing and insight.

:wav:

Hello Neil, welcome aboard.

Greetings Neil, and welcome to the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the pics you take with that hot new cam.

Thanks for the wecome :) Seems like a nice friendly and very international forum. I'm also on http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/ but it's not that active and doesn't have many regular posters.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back