Hello from NZ

Stic2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had an interest in photography since I was about 11...lots of point and shoot instamatics and eventually a Pentax p30T. i switched to Digital back when state of the art was a 2.1MP fixed lens camera...

Around 2003, i brought a FujiFilm S2 PRO and this, coupled with some longish lenses got me out in the infeild at racing events (mostly friends who had track cars). I was lucky to have a local track where the national Drift events were held and, when they saw my photos, they asked me to shoot their events.

This led to getting paid (a nice motivator), and I was also able to sell event coverage (and a few drift car features) to a magazine. I started writing the articles too, and a couple of years later, i was the Editor...

I was also trained in the Adobe design suite (as a graphic designer) which was handy.

Switched to Canon in 2008 (40D), and moved up to a 7D (for the frame rate for motorsport) and some better lenses (including a 100-400L); since then, I flicked the 7D, got a 7DII and recently found a good 5DII to add to it.

I no longer shoot for publications, and only do automotive/motorsport as a hobby, but still have all the gear...

It's just a hobby now, as I've worked in mental/physical disability support for the last 10 years...

that'lldo for now...

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back