Hello from Rhode Island

cameraman93

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey I am Nathan and I am 30 years old and I am new to photography. I picked up the Nikon coolpix p100 in great condition this week and then i just recently also bought the Nikon D7000 for a great deal in great condition and it was almost never used. . The shutter count for the D7000 is 2k, and not sure about the p100. But i just got my p100 and it works great. For years i have always liked taking pictures going to airshows. For the past few years ive been saying i need to get a real photography camera not just your average $50 digital camera you can by from bestbuy or walmart. I feel like i will lean more towards wildlife, airshows, and sports. But i don't know where i will end up photography wise. I am also in time of my life where i have been unemployed so i am not sure what i am doing career wise do to life circumtances so i don't know if i will pursue my current job occupation or switch to something else. So i am kind of just taking everything in. Me and my cousin enjoy going to the city and seeing the nice landscapes and nature so i will definitely be doing photo shoots in the city. I guess i could say i will be doing a little bit of everything.

G'day there🤪... i only own an entry level D5600, makes me have to work harder for my shots though.

I'm about to walk out the front door to head to the city with the camera actually! Nice to have you on board Nathan, looking forward to hearing about your journey. 🌞

Welcome to the group and congrats on your purchases, we look forward to seeing the images!

G'day there🤪... i only own an entry level D5600, makes me have to work harder for my shots though.
I've gotten a lot of great shots with my D5600 and kit lenses.

Hi and welcome to TPF. Hope to see some of your work soon.

Welcome. I use a D7000 also. Have no idea how many shots are on it, don't know were to look! Not knowing what you really want to do with it is probably normal. Good part of that is you can get more entry level lens's and you'll probably figure it out from there! I have varied interest's in what I shoot. Like doing dog's at field trials mostly but a very close second would be shooting old homesteads. Bought a 170-500lens years ago but used it very little. Thinking I wanted to get wildlife shots but just never really go into it. Don't care for portraits and have done a couple wedding's but they were for family, I'm not good enough for that but more important I really don't care to be around a lot of people. You get going try everything and your gonna find one or two subjects that will motivate you. Then you'll have a better idea of what lens you should look at. and I might add better than up grading camera's time come's, upgrade the lens and keep the camera. Great hobby! I've been printing my own since I got a digital and really like doing that and making my own frames. Lot's of different thing's to do in photography! Would like to figure out how to print on coffee mug's. Have put four of my dog's on cups but had to have someone else do it. Don't turn it into a chore, in time that will probably cause you to lose interest.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back