HELP! Christmas accessory presents for new Fuji X-T10 Owner

ysteve2011

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What accessories would your recommend for the new Fuji X-T10 owner?

So my dad bought himself a Fuji X-T10 for Christmas and is very excited to use it.

I would like to buy him some accessories to go with the new camera but I don't know what to get him!!
He has already bought himself a tripod, extra battery and has a 58mm lense.

I was considering the following:
- HOYA Multi-Coated CPL Filter Circular Polarizing Pro1D Pro 1Digital Filter 58mm HOYA Multi-Coated CPL Filter Circular Polarizing Pro1D Pro 1Digital Filter 58mm
or
-HOYA Digital Filter Kit 58mm UV-Filter - Polfilter zirkular - Graufilter ND8 HOYA Digital Filter Kit 58mm UV-Filter - Polfilter zirkular - Graufilter ND8

- A case of some sort. Either a back pack or shoulder strap version

- A class 10, 32 GB SD card

I have about $100 CDN or ($70 USD since our dollar decided to tank) to spend and would like to make it count.

He is very new to photography, but hopes to take it on many vacations down south (Cuba, Peru, etc....)

What accessories would you recommend????

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I would buy a second battery

...but apparently I skimmed past that part.

Not being a photographer myself, I was hoped for some recommendations from people who use these accessories (and find them useful).

How useful would the following be?:
- Lens Accessories (adapters & extension tubes)
- Flash
-
Camera Cases & Hand Grip
- Batteries & Related Items
- Other.... (microphone, remote release, body cap...)

He did buy an extra battery so I don't think a 3rd one would be a great gift...

Thanks again for the replies.

I find a flash really useful as it opens up a much wider set of shooting scenarios.
If your Dad is really excited about photography and really excited about learning then a flash would add another dimension to his photography.
However, if he just wants to keep his photography simple and isn't all that interested in learning or moving away from the basics then a flash unit might just sit around gathering dust.
But for people who want to advance their photography, a flash is VERY desirable.
If he does really get into photography, he will more than likely buy another flash unit to open up more possibilities.
I know nothing about that particular camera so take what I say with a grain of salt

Found this review and if you could stretch the budget, this is the one I would get:
The Fuji X Series With Flash :: Part 1 :: The Fujifilm EF-42 TTL Flash Gun | Derek Clark Photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back