Help with motorcycle photography.

I get it Derrel has to pick on the new guy because he has a million posts on here. Well, look at you mr seniority. You are dishing out the tough love, I know. You be you it's all yours.
actually you really dont get...

For your question about settings I recommend getting a light meter. I use a sekonic that wirelessly triggers my strobes. When shooting with strobes I set my iso to 100 then adjust my aperture based on the lens I'm using and the depth of field I want. This always gets me in the ballpark to start with.

Equipment is always a personal thing especially lens and light choices. Speedlights will probably get you what you need as far as lights go. Lens choice, try working with what you already have. If you don't like it then start identifying what you don't like.

The strobist website gives great info for beginners in off camera lighting. I started with info from that site many years ago and it really helped me get up to speed.

For your question about settings I recommend getting a light meter. I use a sekonic that wirelessly triggers my strobes. When shooting with strobes I set my iso to 100 then adjust my aperture based on the lens I'm using and the depth of field I want. This always gets me in the ballpark to start with.

Equipment is always a personal thing especially lens and light choices. Speedlights will probably get you what you need as far as lights go. Lens choice, try working with what you already have. If you don't like it then start identifying what you don't like.

The strobist website gives great info for beginners in off camera lighting. I started with info from that site many years ago and it really helped me get up to speed.

BEST POST SO FAR. Thank You so much sir I will look into this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back